Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good afternoon!

In my area, there are quite a few C-HRs. I actually like them quite a bit and my sister really likes them so I've been thinking about helping her buy one.

However, every time we see one it sparks the discussion - How did Toyota get away with such blatant Civic styling on the rear of the vehicle?

From the tail lights to the "HDMI-slot" shaped cutout on the rear bumper that some Civic models use for exhaust. The first time I saw one I thought someone was messing around and put a Toyota badge on a Honda.

I know Toyota in recent years has worked with other manufacturers to produce vehicles, such as the BRZ/FS-R and the Supra. Is the C-HR a colab between Toyota and Honda or is it really just a huge coincidence?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good afternoon!

In my area, there are quite a few C-HRs. I actually like them quite a bit and my sister really likes them so I've been thinking about helping her buy one.

However, every time we see one it sparks the discussion - How did Toyota get away with such blatant Civic styling on the rear of the vehicle?

From the tail lights to the "HDMI-slot" shaped cutout on the rear bumper that some Civic models use for exhaust. The first time I saw one I thought someone was messing around and put a Toyota badge on a Honda.

I know Toyota in recent years has worked with other manufacturers to produce vehicles, such as the BRZ/FS-R and the Supra. Is the C-HR a colab between Toyota and Honda or is it really just a huge coincidence?
Good afternoon!

My advice: help your sister buy something else.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts