Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are both of these colors of blue for the C-HR the same? I noticed for the USDM, the color code is 8X2 while the Japanese one is 8T7. 8X2 is Blue Eclipse Metallic and 8T7 is Blue Streak Metallic. I'm looking to import a JDM bumper, but I'm worried that the shade of blue will be different even though the images online for the USDM and JDM models make the shade of blue look almost identical.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Here the blue is 8X2 and named Hydro Blue Metallic.
The names can be different in each country. Colorcodes of Toyota are worldwide so 8T7 will be a different color blue..

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here the blue is 8X2 and named Hydro Blue Metallic.
The names can be different in each country. Colorcodes of Toyota are worldwide so 8T7 will be a different color blue..
Looks like I'll need to find a spare blue bumper from Europe :(

·
Registered
123 Posts
Will be difficult to find a used one in the right color and without paint damage.. and get it shipped without a scratch.
On eBay UK there are already some listed but no blue one.

Maybe its possible to order one at the dealer if you have the partnumber.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So it looks like my options are
a) Hope to see if someone on Ebay UK sells a used one in 8X2
b) Buy a JDM bumper of a different color and get t it painted when it arrives

·
Registered
123 Posts
I think he wants a JDM or EU bumper for adding spoiler or lights. Or just want to be as a C-HR should..

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bumping my old thread. This is really hard. I'm having a hard time trying to find a site that will ship a JDM/EU bumper to the USA for cheap.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I really can't think of any other option aside from ebay or your dealership. Maybe they have access to other market parts. Wouldn't hurt to ask around.

·
Registered
203 Posts
If its proving to be that expensive/difficult to find maybe you should consider looking into aftermarket kits that have the same sections you're looking for. Don't think it makes much sense to spend all that money on something stock. I'm sure even if you do find an oem bumper, it'll likely have to be repainted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts