Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings Everyone!!!

I had a quick question regarding the Blind Spot Alert System on my 2019 XLE. I had this feature on many many cars I have owned in the past and they all have had both a sound alert and a visual (light) alert. For some reason, my CHR only has a Light Alert on the Mirror even though all of the other safety systems have sound alerts along with dash lights???

I have become used to hearing the SOUND when someone is in my blind spot along with the alert light so I didn't know if it was disabled for some reason or the CHR doesn't have an audible alert to go along with the blinking light alert.

Please let me know what you have found and how to turn it on if it exists.

Thank you for your assistance :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well, good question. Neither, my 2020 Tundra nor my 2019 C-HR have the sound capability (alarm) with the blind spot notification.

Do have the blinking light on each of side view mirrors. Not sure if there is a setting to enable the sound or not .

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, good question. Neither, my 2020 Tundra nor my 2019 C-HR have the sound capability (alarm) with the blind spot notification.

Do have the blinking light on each of side view mirrors. Not sure if there is a setting to enable the sound or not .
[/QUOTE

Hello Yoyo, glad to hear it's not just me.

Doesn't make sense to not have both the audio and visual alert on a blind spot system with the option to mute the sound if desired. Especially when most all of the Blind Spot systems installed in NEW CARS today have both. I am hoping that it can be enabled, I just need to know how to do it??? If someone knows a reason this is not possible, would love to hear the reason, especially for a "Safety System".

Thanks Everyone for any input you can offer 😁

1 - 3 of 3 Posts