Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my CHR last August and really love the car, but the front seat fabric is an issue. After 3 months of ownership, I took the car to the dealer to show how there was a faded look of the front seat fabric. At first the tech suggested that I may have not vacuumed it properly or the wear was due to jeans as I get in and out of the car. As I mentioned, I bought it in August in Southern CA and this was now October, I had not been wearing jeans. They then took photos and sent them to the region and the region agreed to change out the fabric on the front seats. I only have 6,800 miles on the vehicle. The seats now look exactly like they did when I took it in last fall.
I have owned Toyota's for 35 years and have never experienced anything like this. I will be calling Customer Service, but wondered if anyone else experiences this same issue?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I bought my CHR last August and really love the car, but the front seat fabric is an issue. After 3 months of ownership, I took the car to the dealer to show how there was a faded look of the front seat fabric. At first the tech suggested that I may have not vacuumed it properly or the wear was due to jeans as I get in and out of the car. As I mentioned, I bought it in August in Southern CA and this was now October, I had not been wearing jeans. They then took photos and sent them to the region and the region agreed to change out the fabric on the front seats. I only have 6,800 miles on the vehicle. The seats now look exactly like they did when I took it in last fall.
I have owned Toyota's for 35 years and have never experienced anything like this. I will be calling Customer Service, but wondered if anyone else experiences this same issue?
The material used on the seats - suck. lol. I simply try to maintain them as much as possible. Including carrying a upholstery cleaner (Chemical Guys) and a microfiber towel in my car at all times. I also tried scotchgard, but I don't think it made a difference.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts