Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
I think it's better to have it located in the multimedia display because half of the reaview mirror is blacked out when the backup camera is activated. I'd prefer to have access to both when parking instead of just one. That's an odd decision on Toyota's part.

·
Registered
153 Posts
So which regions get it on the rearview and who gets it on the multimedia display? I agree, would rather it on the media display though. Rather have a full rearview mirror to utilize along with the backup camera lower down.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Can't be limited to just the Netherlands as they have to recoup the cost of research and development. But I don't think NA will be getting it, at least not as far as I know.

·
Registered
80 Posts
All of North America get the backup camera in the rearview mirror.

While speaking to a Toyota Canada rep at the launch event this week and they will most likely change this in the next version in North America he was telling me o incorporate it in the radio unit.

·
Registered
22 Posts
chr8nrts can you send a pic of your display part number, I would be willing to bet it would be plug and play with the exception of the back up camera, maps should be easy to get. My daughter RAV4 has the Entune system and I love the NAV and backup camera.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Waste of tech..

In North America, it is a total feature waste. It is too small to see any useful detail. I don't use it, at all. I wish they would have put that money toward making BSM a standard feature instead of an add-on.

·
Registered
155 Posts
In North America, it is a total feature waste. It is too small to see any useful detail. I don't use it, at all. I wish they would have put that money toward making BSM a standard feature instead of an add-on.
I have to disagree on that. I use it all the time. Its small, but it gets the job done. Now I am not saying I wouldnt prefer it in the stereo display, but its ok and useful where it is as well.

·
Registered
410 Posts
It may be small, but the rearview backup camera came standard so I'm not complaining. Would be better if they could model it after the rear view mirror in the Chevy Bolt, where the display takes up the whole mirror instead of just a small square of space.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I'm used to it, and it's nice. Some people moved it to the display, it's just preferences.

I'd have both of them on if possible, that'd be nice.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts