Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
Why won't they talk about the CVT? Is it really that bad? I'm not a fan of manual gearboxes so CVT is a must.
Well it's not rocket science, they were talking about having fun, which the 6 speed can undoubtedly do better than the CVT for those wanting that sort of experience at its best. But that's not to say the CVT is NOT worth getting.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The CVT definitely has it's benefits but when breaking it down to driver feel, it's a never ending debate that ultimately just comes down to personal preference. Some people actually have more fun with tranmissions like the CVT over a manual. There is no definitive answer when it comes to "enjoyment"

So for you to say undoubtedly do better when it comes to having fun really isn't all that concrete.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I'm not a fan of shifting gears while driving, I'd rather concentrate on pressing the throttle while I go into corners than what gear I'm in.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Exactly that ^ Me on the other hand, I love shifting gears, and even when going through turns, I don't really concentrate on what gear I'm in or shifting into as it's just become second nature to me.

Everyone's different. Different strokes for different folks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts