Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, so after doing a copious amount of heartbreaking research, I don’t believe we will have a solution from Toyota for Apple CarPlay Retrofit for the 2017-2018 model(s) of the CHR. I am unbelievably disappointed that they cannot retrofit our modern systems. I believe Apple CarPlay is a valuable asset, and provides an ample amount of “must have” features. Which begs the question, has anyone tried to use the “hack” Apple CarPlay dongle? If so, please share your experiences here... I would much rather deal with a dongle, than to drop a quarter of a thousand dollars (which it’s probably even more), for a **** replacement. I’m not knocking anyone who has made the investment, I think most of the replacements I’ve seen on these forums look pretty **** good! However, I’m a college student. I can’t afford to Frankenstein this thing, but I am open to other methods.

Please let me know!

Very Respectfully,

The proudest CHR Owner

·
Registered
8 Posts
The Apple Carplay dongle only works if the system is Android, so that will not work in a C-HR with Toyota Touch 2 :(

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
My personal opinion is to junk the factory Infotainment system and get an aftermarket one. You're in a lucky position where you have a myriad of options out there which will work in your car along with adapters/install kits being available. Us 2019 owners are stuck with the Entune 3.0 system until the aftermarket catches up. If I could physically put in a double DIN head unit which easily installs into your car, I would have done so already.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts