Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone, I'm new to this forum, we bought a new Toyota C-HR Hybrid 2.0L Edition GPS in October 2020.
Still getting used to it as due to covid we've hardly been anywhere:rolleyes:

I have installed the 'MyT' app on my phone but can't seem to connect any apps, even when I connect to my phone wifi. I'd really like to use a couple of apps, like waze for instance, but can't find any way to connect them. I thought this model had Apple car play or am I being daft?
Is there something I need to do to get it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have checked the spec listed for the car and it does say that it has (or is supposed to have) Apple car play. Obviously it's me?

·
Registered
2020 C-HR XLE - Hot Lava
16 Posts
My 2020 (non-hybrid) has the Apple CarPlay. I don't remember having any trouble getting it to connect...but it's been a few months.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Everyone, I'm new to this forum, we bought a new Toyota C-HR Hybrid 2.0L Edition GPS in October 2020.
Still getting used to it as due to covid we've hardly been anywhere:rolleyes:

I have installed the 'MyT' app on my phone but can't seem to connect any apps, even when I connect to my phone wifi. I'd really like to use a couple of apps, like waze for instance, but can't find any way to connect them. I thought this model had Apple car play or am I being daft?
Is there something I need to do to get it?
Are you connecting your iPhone with the Apple lightning cable to the USB port of the car?
If not, then that's the problem.
The MyT app isn't needed for Car Play, same with Android Auto, plug it in and follow the screen prompts.

I haven't even got my car yet but I used my phone on the test drive and Android Auto worked without any problem.

Hope this helps although I can see this post is a few months old now.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts