Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The C-HR is getting a few changes for the new MY including a much improved infotainment system. So far this has only been confirmed for Malaysia but I don't see why Toyota wouldn't make the same updates for NA. autobuzz.my/2019/01/23/updated-toyota-c-hr-gets-android-auto-and-apple-carplay-for-2019

·
Registered
3 Posts
thing is that its not confirmed it would release firmware update for lets say 2018 models with touch&Go2 systems to support carplay and android auto. not sure if its actually processor limitations on previous models or just software (firmware and drivers).

·
Registered
551 Posts
CH-R sales are poor in North America not just from what you can see everyday with your own eyes but Toyota has been producing sales stats that show a scary decline

Launched last year, Toyota was banking on the CH-R to be a huge sales hit. But while the trendy sub-compact crossover is selling extremely well in Europe and Japan, it’s a decidedly different story in the US, as sales have fallen significantly short of Toyota’s high expectations. The automaker expected to sell 5,000 C-HRs every month after it launched in the US, but this has yet to happen. So far, its best-selling month was in February this year with 4,420 cars sold, thanks to better supply from the factory and new financial incentives.

·
Registered
203 Posts
A large part of that is probably due to the fact that its so lacking in tech and there isn't even an AWD variant. Built in phone compatibility should be standard equipment in every new car that Toyota releases.

·
Registered
3 Posts
A large part of that is probably due to the fact that its so lacking in tech and there isn't even an AWD variant. Built in phone compatibility should be standard equipment in every new car that Toyota releases.

so hopefully it will be a wake up call for Toyota.
I wrote to Toyota support asking if carplay will be available for cars with Touch & Go2 and the answer was: " this functionality is likely to be available in the future , but we have no further information for the moment."
So I hope they will ramp up development a bit and will make it available sooner than later.

·
Registered
57 Posts
There is no way that Toyota could implement that kind of compatibility just through software. At least it looks like they have heard customer complaints and will be addressing these shortcomings in the next MY.

·
Registered
551 Posts
so hopefully it will be a wake up call for Toyota.
I wrote to Toyota support asking if carplay will be available for cars with Touch & Go2 and the answer was: " this functionality is likely to be available in the future , but we have no further information for the moment."
So I hope they will ramp up development a bit and will make it available sooner than later.
During this time you might have some luck in getting answers from your local dealer.
Sometimes they go to dealer events where exclusive information is given ahead of time that isn't shared or announced elsewhere.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2019 C-HR XLE trim and to my surprise, It didn't come with Apple CarPlay at ALL. I'm from Guam and my Atkins Kroll Dealer salesman told me "We're waiting for Toyota to give them the update and we will notify you." It's been a while now and I don't know what is going on. Are there certain countries that Apple CarPlay is restricted in vehicles or was I taken for a fool?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I bought a new C-HR 2.0L Edition GPS in October last year. I can't seem to find car play on it. I've installed the 'MyT' app on my phone as it said, but it doesn't add anything in the way of apps.
Am I just being a bit thick?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.