Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just added the Remark cat-back exhaust to my 2018 CHR and that is the only mod I've done so far, and now the gas pedal has a noticeable lag. My new air filter is on order and will be here any day, any ideas what caused this???

·
Registered
352 Posts
No idea but
- Random bottleneck somewhere (maybe air filter would fix it)
- Is that exhaust introducing new resistance and backpressure? idk. probably not.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
I would tend to think there isn't enough back pressure to allow the air fuel mixture more time to burn in the combustion chamber before evacuating out into the exhaust.

Unless you're after just the sound, I typically stay away from aftermarket exhausts.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just added the Remark cat-back exhaust to my 2018 CHR and that is the only mod I've done so far, and now the gas pedal has a noticeable lag. My new air filter is on order and will be here any day, any ideas what caused this???
I am planning on getting the same exhaust. Any other issues after installation except for the lag? Were you able to find out the cause?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am planning on getting the same exhaust. Any other issues after installation except for the lag? Were you able to find out the cause?
I wasn't able to find the cause but I bought the sprint booster V3 and a K& N air filter that fixed the lag. You gotta remember the car only has 144 HP and you have to keep that in mind. I don't plan on doing a cold air intake or anything else at this point, I'm happy with the look, sound and responsiveness of the car. And i'm loving the way she corners!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I was also looking into this, but from the videos I saw, it's somewhat loud when you accelerate. I don't want the unwanted attention from that tbh. Wouldn't you also need to swap out headers if you were going to get the most out of aftermarket exhausts?

·
Registered
86 Posts
@2019RavenCHR have you thought about trying the Sprint Booster V3?
I ask as I've heard that is specifically supposed to reduce Accelerator Lag.

Good Luck, and I hope you work it out!

Striker

1 - 7 of 7 Posts