Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd share my experience from this past week. I started by installing the Big 3. I did this by either replacing or in some cases simply adding thicker (0 or 4) gauge OFC wiring. The alternator positive to the battery +. The both negative connections at the battery going to the chassis and motor. Plus I also upgraded a few other ground points that we're easily accessible. When dealing with the grounds, I made sure to clean up the area and remove any paint at point of contact. You'll also notice I added an inline fuse between the alternator and battery. This is a personal choice...to each their own. Next up I decided to add a 2nd battery (XS Power XP750) at the trunk. For this I ran a 4 gauge OFC wire from the battery to a Rockford Fosgate Circuit Breaker through the firewall (which IMHO is the hardest part of the job) and all the way to the trunk. I then connect it to a Battery Isolator (Smart Voltage Stabilizer).

Next up I decided to add a 2nd battery (XS Power XP750) at the trunk. For this I ran a 4 gauge OFC wire from the battery to a Rockford Fosgate Circuit Breaker through the firewall (which IMHO is the hardest part of the job) and all the way to the trunk. I connect the wire to a Battery Isolator (VSR - Voltage Sensitive Relay) which finally gets connected to the 2nd battery.

Note: Power Wire goes from - Main Battery > Circuit Breaker (or inline fuse) > through firewall, trim, etc. > Battery Isolator (or Voltage Sensitive Relay) > 2nd Battery

Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Personal luxury car Automotive exterior
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive design Vehicle door Personal luxury car
Motor vehicle Car Automotive design Hood Automotive exterior

In regards to brands and where I obtained everything - I used wiring, terminals, installation accessories, heat shrink, etc. from Knukonceptz, Down4Sound & Amazon.
Parts - Kolossus Kandy Kable 0/4 gauge OFC wire, Bassik 0 gauge in-line fuse holder w/150 amp fuse, Rockford Fosgate 200 amp Circuit Breaker, XS Power XP750-CK Install Kit (includes battery, 511 mount, inline fuses and wiring), 140 amp Dual Battery Isolator (VSR - Voltage Sensitive Relay), 0 & 4 gauge pin adapter inputs, Set Screw Ring Terminals 4 gauge pair w/heat shrink, input 0 to 4 gauge reducers, 0 & 4 gauge Crimp Rings, KnuKonceptz Ultimate Negative Battery Terminal, 1/2" black wire sleeve, 1" blue wire sleeve, KnuKonceptz Heat Shrink, Heat Shrink w/adhesive.

Up next?
Replacing front speakers with JBL GTO609c & rear with Polk Audio DB652. These will be powered by either a Massive Audio BP800.4 or Taramps 800x4 w/the help of AudioControl LC7i. For bass I have a 15" Soundqubed DVC 2 ohm 1,200 watts RMS subwoofer which will be powered by either a Hifonics BRX2016.1, Taramps HD3000 or Massive Audio BL3 Mono Amp (1,400 watts RMS)...All 3 can be wired at 1 ohm!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.