Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi newbie here sorry

I've owned my 2018 1.2 chr for 3 weeks and the dealer has had it for 17 days of that.

My main issue is the acceleration of it. Kind of hard to describe but I'll try.

When you go thru the gears in all types of acceleration ie gentle hard gradual there seems to be a resistance to smooth acceleration. It's like the the car is stuttering slightly between 2.5k revs and 3.5k revs. I initially thought it was a fuel flow issue or a blocked injector. Western dunfermline say there is nothing wrong as its not showing any faults but its just not smooth up to motorway speeds.

It's had loads of issues and I think I might have to bite the bullet on this one.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what it might be.

They've offered to take a trade in back on it but I'll be 1k out of pocket if I go for the hybrid instead.

·
Registered
2021 Blizzard Pearl Nightshade C-HR
42 Posts
If you already having that many problems with it, sorry dude, but you just need to take the hit and trade it in on something better. Take the next one to a mechanic you trust before purchasing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi newbie here sorry

I've owned my 2018 1.2 chr for 3 weeks and the dealer has had it for 17 days of that.

My main issue is the acceleration of it. Kind of hard to describe but I'll try.

When you go thru the gears in all types of acceleration ie gentle hard gradual there seems to be a resistance to smooth acceleration. It's like the the car is stuttering slightly between 2.5k revs and 3.5k revs. I initially thought it was a fuel flow issue or a blocked injector. Western dunfermline say there is nothing wrong as its not showing any faults but its just not smooth up to motorway speeds.

It's had loads of issues and I think I might have to bite the bullet on this one.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what it might be.

They've offered to take a trade in back on it but I'll be 1k out of pocket if I go for the hybrid instead.
What was your outcome on this?
I purchased a 1.2 petrol ch-r beginning of may and seems had the same issue as you. It stutters between 2nd and 3rd gear. They had the car back for over a week and eventually told me that there wasn’t a problem with the car and that it was a characteristic of this style.. it was turbo lag!
I’ve no idea if they are just fobbing me off.
they have offered for me to change to a hybrid but it will of course cost me more.
realiy like the car, so not really sure what to do.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Basically they said the same about mine that it was a characteristic. What a load of bs. No car should drive that way ever. Had a row with them and got toyota financial involved. They took the car back at sale price and I upgraded to the 1. 8 hybrid lime edition. So much smoother and drives how it should.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you for getting back to me.
ive just had a recall on my car due to a fuel pump issue… no idea if this will help my problem or not.
im going to decide what to do after they have resolved this issue.
im glad it’s not just my car. Was starting to think I was just being picky. They’d convinced me that it was’normal’.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi again.

Do you have a confirmation of your recall. If so could you post it here so I can forward it to western toyota dunfermline. If that's the case then I might have a claim to reclaim my 1500 quid loss

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi again.

Do you have a confirmation of your recall. If so could you post it here so I can forward it to western toyota dunfermline. If that's the case then I might have a claim to reclaim my 1500 quid loss
I went onto the gov mot website and saw it on there.
I had to contact them to tell them. They were supposed to phone me back today to book the car in but I’ve not heard from them.

Pop the reg number on here and it should let you know if there is an outstanding recall

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.