Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my AC isnt blowing any cold air, so i went to the dealership and they told me a few more C-HR’s are having the same issue. Im from edmonton canada btw.. anybody else having this issue?

·
Registered
125 Posts
2018 C-HR..AC works fine. Bought the car last summer so it still works fine on its second summer.
Hope dealer can figure out the root cause. Keep us all posted

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had the same problem. Got my CHR at the end of winter and noticed just outside temperature blowing. I brought it into Toyota and they said the Freon needed refilling. They did it for free. They checked for leaks and didn't find any. They said perhaps it was never filled properly at factory.

·
Super Moderator
318 Posts
Toyota should be picking up the tab for fixing the A/C. These cars are still very new and should still be under the factory warranty unless you're doing Cannonball runs multiple times in a year. Although, I overheard a conversation between a service writer and a customer that was picking up his Toyota pickup. I heard the guy was on target to hit 80,000 miles and his pickup is only a year old.

Anyways, the A/C system in my C-HR has been working great. Same performance to my past 06 Ford Focus ZX-3. A/C blows super cool. I have had to actually turn down the A/C. Not so with my BMW. Where I set the C-HR at 70, I have to set the BMW to 68 or 67 to get the same amount of cooling.

·
Registered
88 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
update: So they said something is wrong w/ the AC so they did order 2 parts, "AC PIPE and AC CONDENSER" and its been 2 months of wait now and still haven't heard from them. They told me most of the C-HR in my area are having the same issue.

Called my dealership regarding about the long wait and all they said was that the one that makes the part i guess from Toronto only release that one certain part every 2 weeks. I've been searching if there's anyone from the headquarters can speed up the process and still no luck.

And I found this site saying that few 2018 C-HR's are having the same issue:

https://www.toyoheadquarters.com/threads/2018-toyota-c-hr-a-c-not-cooling-refrigerant-leak.1557/

will keep you guys posted on this journey "THE AC LESS 2018 C-HR" :|

·
Super Moderator
318 Posts
update: So they said something is wrong w/ the AC so they did order 2 parts, "AC PIPE and AC CONDENSER" and its been 2 months of wait now and still haven't heard from them. They told me most of the C-HR in my area are having the same issue.

Called my dealership regarding about the long wait and all they said was that the one that makes the part i guess from Toronto only release that one certain part every 2 weeks. I've been searching if there's anyone from the headquarters can speed up the process and still no luck.

And I found this site saying that few 2018 C-HR's are having the same issue:

https://www.toyoheadquarters.com/threads/2018-toyota-c-hr-a-c-not-cooling-refrigerant-leak.1557/

will keep you guys posted on this journey "THE AC LESS 2018 C-HR" :|
Two months waiting on those parts is totally unacceptable. I don't know how things work in Canada. But check your owner's manual or warranty book and see if there is a listing for some Toyota regional office for you to contact in the event of issues with your car. At the very minimum, the dealer should be looking at putting you into a loaner car after all this time has passed.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tbh id rather use my car than just leave it at the dealership. Thou i get ur point... i emailed the manager for parts and all he said that the deadline estimate will be tomorrow and he sent an inquiry to toyota canada regarding about the issue. Hopefully it would be fixed soon...

·
Super Moderator
318 Posts
That's good.

But I'm of the stance that if something is not working on my car that the dealer is on the hook to fix, I would rather not be putting miles on the car with the problem still there. Now you have 2 less months on your warranty because of this parts delay and any mileage you've put on the car. I'd rather put the miles on someone else's car and maintaining the warranty. If you're kept waiting further, I would start demanding the warranty be extended by the time you've been kept waiting for parts for at least the A/C system.

Reactions: Striker

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was wondering which models have this AC issue. I have bought a 2020 C-HR and haven't encountered any air cooling problems but I have heard that it was normal, some defect from the factory as I remember. The employee from the dealership also said something about the AC defect. he also added that if it happened all the expenses were to be covered by the dealership. So far so good seems that I am lucky, my AC is working just fine. If I remember right the problem was in the freon they used it was not compatible or something.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Two months waiting on those parts is totally unacceptable. I don't know how things work in Canada. But check your owner's manual or warranty book and see if there is a listing for some Toyota regional office for you to contact in the event of issues with your car. At the very minimum, the dealer should be looking at putting you into a loaner car after all this time has passed.
When the air filter in my C-HR needed to be changed, Toyota said it was back ordered and that they will let know once they get it. I got a call from them after about 3 months or so that it was available.

Now for the AC, mine just starting taking a while to blow cold air when i first turn it on. Its worst when car is idling. Once it started it still blows very cold. Not sure if this is how it is with everyone else as well?

·
Super Moderator
318 Posts
When the air filter in my C-HR needed to be changed, Toyota said it was back ordered and that they will let know once they get it. I got a call from them after about 3 months or so that it was available.

Now for the AC, mine just starting taking a while to blow cold air when i first turn it on. Its worst when car is idling. Once it started it still blows very cold. Not sure if this is how it is with everyone else as well?
For something like an air filter, I would never bother going to a dealer for it. There are plenty of acceptable or even better aftermarket filters out there for cheaper.

It depends on the air temperature differential as to how quickly the vents blow cold air. But if there is any doubt, a set of pressure gauges need to be put onto the system to check the low and high side pressures.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts