Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Toyota CHR
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I am needing any help or advice I can get please. I have a 2018 Toyota CHR, I have had no issues so far. Had the car since March 2021. I was driving and got a message on the screen that said "abnormal Voltage: Steering Power Low" In that moment it didn't affect anything and luckily I was pulling into the location I was going to anyway. When I returned to my car and cranked it my dash was lit up.. showing Lane Departure Alert Malfunction, EPB Malfunction, Check Engine. Every light in the dash was on.. also randomly (all the sudden) could no longer roll down my passenger window with my controls on the driver side but it will roll down with its own controls?? I make it home in my car and come back about 25 mins later to take another look and all the malfunction alerts were no longer there, just the check engine light.. the car never missed a beat whilst these alerts were going on.. later on got back in the car and the check engine light is no longer on and again the car is running fine.. still can't roll down my passenger window and now I am getting the "window open" alert and there are no windows down. Can someone please help me. Has anyone experienced anything like this before?

Thank you!
Vehicle Car Speedometer Steering part Motor vehicle

Car Speedometer Vehicle Automotive design Tachometer

Plant Vehicle Car Speedometer Automotive design

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Check the negative battery cable to ensure it's tightly secured to the negative battery post. I had similar issues as you and eventually found the negative battery terminal to be loose. Had recent body work done on my car and the body shop had taken off the negative battery cable during the work. They neglected to properly secure the terminal back on the battery. I got the same voltage warning with the EPS along with long cranking start up errors and issues around the VVT system. After securing the negative battery terminal, I haven't had any issues. If the terminal is secure on the battery, make sure there isn't any corrosion on either the positive or negative battery terminals.

If the above checks out, you'll probably have to chase down any electrical ground connections.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I also have a 2018 and changed batteries about 3 years ago through the dealership. My car died on me 2 days ago, but before that I was getting low voltage…steering power low. I retighten battery yesterday and worked fine. Later in the day it showed all this messages too! I got my car diagnosed and it said Recall on the Fuel Injectors but I never got anything on the mail that I had a recall. Very frustrating:(

·
Registered
2018 Toyota CHR
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Check the negative battery cable to ensure it's tightly secured to the negative battery post. I had similar issues as you and eventually found the negative battery terminal to be loose. Had recent body work done on my car and the body shop had taken off the negative battery cable during the work. They neglected to properly secure the terminal back on the battery. I got the same voltage warning with the EPS along with long cranking start up errors and issues around the VVT system. After securing the negative battery terminal, I haven't had any issues. If the terminal is secure on the battery, make sure there isn't any corrosion on either the positive or negative battery terminals.

If the above checks out, you'll probably have to chase down any electrical ground connections.
I also have a 2018 and changed batteries about 3 years ago through the dealership. My car died on me 2 days ago, but before that I was getting low voltage…steering power low. I retighten battery yesterday and worked fine. Later in the day it showed all this messages too! I got my car diagnosed and it said Recall on the Fuel Injectors but I never got anything on the mail that I had a recall. Very frustrating:(
oh my gosh.. thats super frustrating.. I will have to get that checked too possibly! 🤦🏻‍♀️ Good luck, I hope your issue resolves easily. Thank you for the input!

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Fuel injector issues won't cause the electrical warning messages being discussed here.

Reactions: Laneyy

·
Registered
393 Posts
To add to the battery stuff..

Float charge it at home overnight to be 100% full, then load test it to see if the battery is weak or otherwise bad. Sometimes the battery in the car has been sitting on a shelf for a while.

·
Registered
2018 Toyota CHR
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
To add to the battery stuff..

Float charge it at home overnight to be 100% full, then load test it to see if the battery is weak or otherwise bad. Sometimes the battery in the car has been sitting on a shelf for a while.
Will definitely look into that as well, thank you!

·
Registered
2018 Toyota CHR
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Thanks so much!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts