Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so I added a few small things over the past few weeks . I cut a new deck lid out of half in ply and carpeted it to hide the pioneer 12 inch sub with skar audio amp. The flimsy cloth cover rattles with the wind when the window is down . Added some red door trim pieces along with a front splitter . A trailer hitch for my bikes , tinted led tails with sequential signals and chaser running lights . Some window visors and the fender flares will go on when I have a nice day out to mount them
Wheel Car Vehicle Tire Hood

Automotive parking light Vehicle Hood Grille Automotive tire

Wheel Automotive parking light Land vehicle Car Tire

Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Automotive lighting

Art Font Electric blue Graphics Logo

Tire Automotive tail & brake light Wheel Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive tire Grille

Attachments

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
On the hatch/cargo cover, it's a total shame that Toyota blocks the ability for any US dealer to order any overseas parts. The overseas markets get a hard cover in place of the cloth one we get. In addition, they also have the option of not having a spare tire. Why would I want this? Because the overseas setup has a tire inflation/patch kit and the needed hardware to lower the trunk floor a couple of inches; thereby gaining more storage room.

Yet another fail from Toyota.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On the hatch/cargo cover, it's a total shame that Toyota blocks the ability for any US dealer to order any overseas parts. The overseas markets get a hard cover in place of the cloth one we get. In addition, they also have the option of not having a spare tire. Why would I want this? Because the overseas setup has a tire inflation/patch kit and the needed hardware to lower the trunk floor a couple of inches; thereby gaining more storage room.

I actually prefer my cargo hatch cover over the Toyota hard cover still, the Toyota covers vibrate a lot still if you have a sub in the trunk . And I’d still rather have a spare in the trunk over the patch and inflation kit because if you have a blowout or gash in your tire… you’d be cursing saying I wish I had a spare . In all my cars I have a spare and patch kit and a air pump regardless

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

btw, here’s a link if you prefer the hard cargo cover option from Toyota . They sell them on eBay

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
I actually prefer my cargo hatch cover over the Toyota hard cover still, the Toyota covers vibrate a lot still if you have a sub in the trunk . And I’d still rather have a spare in the trunk over the patch and inflation kit because if you have a blowout or gash in your tire… you’d be cursing saying I wish I had a spare . In all my cars I have a spare and patch kit and a air pump regardless
Have you actually had the Toyota cover in your car to say that it vibrates a lot compared to your custom one?

As to a spare, I've been driving both motorcycles and cars for 34 years. I've never had a situation where I've had a blowout or a gash in my tire. I did have one instance where a chunk was taken out of the inside sidewall of my rear tire. It was on my 135i on Michelin Pilot 4S tires. An ass of a tractor trailer squeezed me over to the right while I was passing and the passenger rear tire caught the edge of the asphalt road. This took a chunk out of the inner side wall AND bent the rear wheel. Even with this damage, the tire still held air. I had the wheel straightened and reused the damage rear tire as I had just bought the tire. The tire held up till I just recently replaced it 3 years later due to tread wear.

In my opinion, a tire inflation kit with a built in sealer is all you really need. Cars equipped with run flats don't have spare tires nor do many of them come with an inflation/sealer kit. My BMW didn't. Just pay attention to driving and you'll be able to avoid any road hazards which might cause major tire issues.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
btw, here’s a link if you prefer the hard cargo cover option from Toyota . They sell them on eBay

I would expect this as the C-HR has now been on the market for a bit. However the seller is not a dealership and as such is probably importing these parts on their own. Plus there's no indication that this is a genuine OEM part. I'm actually not interested in this. I'm more interested in the hardware to lower the trunk floor. I contacted a Toyota dealership I've purchased parts from before. I was told they can't even look up the part numbers on their end even if they wanted to sell me the parts.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Have you actually had the Toyota cover in your car to say that it vibrates a lot compared to your custom one?

As to a spare, I've been driving both motorcycles and cars for 34 years. I've never had a situation where I've had a blowout or a gash in my tire. I did have one instance where a chunk was taken out of the inside sidewall of my rear tire. It was on my 135i on Michelin Pilot 4S tires. An ass of a tractor trailer squeezed me over to the right while I was passing and the passenger rear tire caught the edge of the asphalt road. This took a chunk out of the inner side wall AND bent the rear wheel. Even with this damage, the tire still held air. I had the wheel straightened and reused the damage rear tire as I had just bought the tire. The tire held up till I just recently replaced it 3 years later due to tread wear.

In my opinion, a tire inflation kit with a built in sealer is all you really need. Cars equipped with run flats don't have spare tires nor do many of them come with an inflation/sealer kit. My BMW didn't. Just pay attention to driving and you'll be able to avoid any road hazards which might cause major tire issues.
As a matter of fact I have had the rear cargo hatch hard cover from Toyota in my cars on 3 different cars . And yes they do the job if your trying to just hide what’s in the trunk. They are light and flimsy and not something you would use if you have a sub in the car and like to hear rattling . And also yes I have had a blowout on my tire while driving cross country and also while driving locally in New York . 1 time was a giant pot hole and the other was a defect in the tire . Also has a cut pipe on the road slice through the sidewall of my tire. Both of these times a patch and inflation kit would of been useless .

·
Registered
White 2021C-HR Limited
4 Posts
ok, so I added a few small things over the past few weeks . I cut a new deck lid out of half in ply and carpeted it to hide the pioneer 12 inch sub with skar audio amp. The flimsy cloth cover rattles with the wind when the window is down . Added some red door trim pieces along with a front splitter . A trailer hitch for my bikes , tinted led tails with sequential signals and chaser running lights . Some window visors and the fender flares will go on when I have a nice day out to mount them View attachment 6510
View attachment 6508
View attachment 6507
View attachment 6509
View attachment 6504
View attachment 6506
View attachment 6505
ok, so I added a few small things over the past few weeks . I cut a new deck lid out of half in ply and carpeted it to hide the pioneer 12 inch sub with skar audio amp. The flimsy cloth cover rattles with the wind when the window is down . Added some red door trim pieces along with a front splitter . A trailer hitch for my bikes , tinted led tails with sequential signals and chaser running lights . Some window visors and the fender flares will go on when I have a nice day out to mount them View attachment 6510
View attachment 6508
View attachment 6507
View attachment 6509
View attachment 6504
View attachment 6506
View attachment 6505
Love that POP of red. Awesome work and looks.
Do you mind if I ask where you found all those parts for your ride? Sequential tinted tail lights, the splitter, I can hardly find anything here. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place or I should be asking where area you are in?

·
Registered
393 Posts
I hand carried my rain guard from japan! I stopped by a dealership and since I was leaving the next day I had to go to their distribution warehouse and pick it up. Totally regretted it - should've asked them to mail it to US instead. Some overzealous security guard thinks it's a sword and made me check it in for additional $200.

They didnt even know if it'll fit the US CHR, thankfully it did.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Love that POP of red. Awesome work and looks.
Do you mind if I ask where you found all those parts for your ride? Sequential tinted tail lights, the splitter, I can hardly find anything here. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place or I should be asking where area you are in?
Found them on a few different sites and then again from sellers on Amazon , eBay and Toyota accessories sites

1 - 10 of 10 Posts