Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You know for a base unit here in the US, the standard stereo has a decent sound for this level of vehicle without any upgrade option. I have the stereo set to I think its "performance" and tweeked the mid and trebel up a little and I think it sounds pretty good with most music. I also have a 2017 Nissan Rogue Sport and the C-HR stereo beats it all around. Anyone have any thoughts on stereo sound for the C-HR?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I set mine to "performance" also and its not too bad for a OEM unit. I would like to upgrade to something that offers built-in GPS when available.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Oh no... You guys must have an upgraded unit and or firmware upgrade. Where do you find the "performance" setting??!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
  • Oh no... You guys must have an upgraded unit and or firmware upgrade. Where do you find the "performance" setting??!
    Under the standard screen, there is a "Sound" button on the screen by the "Scan and Station List" Buttons. Hit that, then there is a EQ option at the bottom left the screen with options for Natural, Performance and I think another. I set it on "Performance" and then I turned off the ASL option which I think is Auto sound leveling. I plused one or two for Trebel and Mids and left Bass at middle setting. The Performance setting makes a huge differance. Also I think under the general settings screen for the car, Make sure to set for the C-HR. I think they have some other vehicle options which alter the sound in the vehicle. I think you can choose the IM or C-HR and maybe two other vehicles for configuring for the vehicle.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Oh no... You guys must have an upgraded unit and or firmware upgrade. Where do you find the "performance" setting??!
EQ can be selected by touching the
“Sound” icon.
There are three stored equalizer curves
that you can easily recall at any time.
Here is a list of the equalizer curves:
POWERFUL is a curve in which lowand
high-pitched sounds are boosted.
NATURAL is a curve in which lowand
high-pitched sounds are slightly
boosted.
VOCAL is a curve in which the
midrange, which is the human vocal
range, is boosted.
To change settings, press “EQ

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
EQ can be selected by touching the
“Sound” icon.
There are three stored equalizer curves
that you can easily recall at any time.
Here is a list of the equalizer curves:
POWERFUL is a curve in which lowand
high-pitched sounds are boosted.
NATURAL is a curve in which lowand
high-pitched sounds are slightly
boosted.
VOCAL is a curve in which the
midrange, which is the human vocal
range, is boosted.
To change settings, press “EQ
Thats it "Powerful" Dont know why I kept thinking "Performance" lol

·
Registered
44 Posts
I plan on redoing the entire stereo in hers once we get it. Don’t know if I’ll be keeping the stock head unit or not. Depends on what else it controls in the car. I wound up using a line out convertor in my Camry.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The overall sound system in C-HR is pretty good, however, I'm considering installing a subwoofer in the trunk. Do you guys have any suggestions?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Some people I know like to install sound proofing around the area of the speaker. Its the cheapest and quickest thing to do. Then you have others that sound proof/dynamat the entire vehicle. Pick your flavor :D

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
For those that are keeping the standard North American H/U, I was playing around with some of the settings. As you can see from my prior comments, I set on "Powerful" under Mode and I usually keep the fade and position settings neutral and bass at its neutral setting. Treble and mids I push all the way up. What I experimented with is under the vehicle settings on the main setting menu and changed the vehicle from C-HR to the other options to see how the sound changed. I actually liked the sound change with the IM vehicle setting. I was just wondering if anyone else had changed their vehicle settings or experimented with them and what they thought of the results?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yep. I use 86 mode, powerful and lows cranked up (sometimes need to pull them back down depending on the source material). Mods neutral, highs all the way up. Basically a pumped up disco curve. I like the sound.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yep. I use 86 mode, powerful with lows cranked up (sometimes need to pull them back down depending on the source material). Mids neutral, highs all the way up. Basically a pumped up disco curve. I like the sound.
Correction - I have the IM vehicle mode selected.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Correction - I have the IM vehicle mode selected.
Yeah I like the IM the best, it still allows good feed back from the rear speakers and takes the sound stage up higher than the C-HR setting but still giving you good surround.

·
Registered
203 Posts
If only we'd gotten the JBL system here in NA..Luckily it's not too expensive to get a smaller sub and amp. Are you guys going to get custom boxes to prevent using up all your trunk space?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If only we'd gotten the JBL system here in NA..Luckily it's not too expensive to get a smaller sub and amp. Are you guys going to get custom boxes to prevent using up all your trunk space?
Im happy the way it is, so no sub for me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts