Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Creating this new thread that perhaps I can get some info on installing fog lights on a 2021 Nightshade. Bought a kit from eBay complete with harness, switch, bracket, front panel cover Land R, fog light w LED. Spent nearly 3 hours trying to figure out what fit where. Instructions mostly about wiring with no instructions on the bracket or where the bulb screws into etc... eBay item

Fits 2020-2021 Toyota CHR C-HR Driving LED Fog Lights Bumper Lamp+Switch+Wirings | eBay

Called the seller and he was going to contact the manufacturer for more detail "being so new" 2021. All threads are 2018-2019. 2020-22 fog light location are different (higher and to the side of the front panel. This should not make any difference for the wiring but the mounting of the bulb to the bracket then the bezel should be different.

Can anyone provide more insight? Help!!

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
I don't understand your confusion if your issue is with the actual mounting of the fog lights and not the wiring. You have to use the triangular piece shown in the listing for where you mount the fog light to. You'll have to pull down the bumper cover to gain access to the rear of the bumper cover. There should be some screws holding the black triangular filler/blanking panel to the bumper cover. Take out the screws to allow removal of the blanking panel. Then fit in one side of the put together assembly of the new fog lamps you bought.

Wiring should follow be the same as the factory setup. When I did my factory fog light install, it required me to splice in a connection with a particular wire going to the body control module, install of the factory rocker switch to go into one of the blank spaces in the switch cluster to the bottom left of the driver's seated position on the dash, and a relay to be installed behind the center console/dash.

It's a shame Toyota doesn't seem to be selling the fog lamps as an available after purchase accessory for the 2020 and newer production runs. I'm almost certain many if not all the components that made the fog light work in 2019 and back are the same and installed in the 2020 and newer models.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got it figured out. All I needed was an emailed photo from the manufacturer showing a view of the lights attached to the bracket and bracket attached to the bumper. Incidentally for all, I chose not to remove the bumper and worked exclusively thru the wheel well after removing the cover. A bit tight and tedious but with patience and a variety of Philips screwdrivers achievable.
I did not go through the firewall and ran it along the top of driver side fender through the A pillar and into the cockpit and finally to the switch location. If you don’t mind a small wire casing running to the dash 1” long on the A pillar, it’s relatively clean. The left dash panel with the switches was a simple light pull, remove existing switch replace and plug in with new and walah!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Looks good. It's a shame it seems Toyota removed the pre-wire for the fog lights in the latest models with the fog lights up higher in the bumper. The earlier models including mine (2019) already had the wiring in place to connect the fog lights and the factory fog lights were sold as an accessory option.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts