Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While sitting stationary in the driveway, with only 4,500 miles on the vehicle, on the morning of 6/4/20 I noticed a large crack had appeared across the windshield, the crack originated at the top edge of the windshield (Edge Crack consistent with weak or substandard quality glass) approximately 52 cm from right side and 61.5 cm from left side, traveling downward approximately 12 cm before entering a sweeping curve to the right and continuing for another 35 cm, total length of crack is currently approximately 55 cm. There is no "starburst or star" pattern along any part of the crack indicating that the crack formed without impact from foreign material.

At no time during any trips were there any noises heard consistent with a foreign object striking the windshield. I am the only person that drives the vehicle.

I brought the vehicle to the dealer and the service department insisted that the crack was caused by a foreign object striking the windshield, I informed them it had been parked in the driveway and had not encountered any "road hazards" while in the driveway. They then stated it was caused by rocks flying through the air. I informed them I do not live in an asteroid belt.

They have refused to honor the manufacturers warranty and insisted I pay for the correction. Toyota has a history of having defective windshields as documented in the following class action court case https://www.courthousenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Toyota.CA_.pdf, there is also a history of this in Canada, and Europe, however the UK Toyota hierarchy is honoring the manufacturers warranty and replacing the defective windshields.

‎References:
Honda CR-V Windshield Crack Leads To Lawsuit

·
Registered
2 Posts
While sitting stationary in the driveway, with only 4,500 miles on the vehicle, on the morning of 6/4/20 I noticed a large crack had appeared across the windshield, the crack originated at the top edge of the windshield (Edge Crack consistent with weak or substandard quality glass) approximately 52 cm from right side and 61.5 cm from left side, traveling downward approximately 12 cm before entering a sweeping curve to the right and continuing for another 35 cm, total length of crack is currently approximately 55 cm. There is no "starburst or star" pattern along any part of the crack indicating that the crack formed without impact from foreign material.

At no time during any trips were there any noises heard consistent with a foreign object striking the windshield. I am the only person that drives the vehicle.

I brought the vehicle to the dealer and the service department insisted that the crack was caused by a foreign object striking the windshield, I informed them it had been parked in the driveway and had not encountered any "road hazards" while in the driveway. They then stated it was caused by rocks flying through the air. I informed them I do not live in an asteroid belt.

They have refused to honor the manufacturers warranty and insisted I pay for the correction. Toyota has a history of having defective windshields as documented in the following class action court case https://www.courthousenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Toyota.CA_.pdf, there is also a history of this in Canada, and Europe, however the UK Toyota hierarchy is honoring the manufacturers warranty and replacing the defective windshields.

‎References:
Honda CR-V Windshield Crack Leads To Lawsuit
i has the same crack in my windshield less than a month after purchasing it. It happened right after I sat in it and closed the door.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts