Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wifey did the research on this car and said he liked it and wanted it and we just bought this yesterday and seems there's an issue with the passenger airbag light saying off when someones in the passenger seat.
Called Toyota dealer about it said bring it in. Is this a common problem with this car ?
Also I noticed when we are driving and punch it no real pick up and seems not to shift till its like 4-5grand on the RPMs. Is this normal for this car?
Any other things we need to be on the watch for with it? So far I'm not impressed with it.
Thanks
Free

·
Super Moderator
329 Posts
I haven't seen anyone report a passenger airbag issue other than you. So I think it's not a common problem.

As to the power delivery, well, that's the C-HR. I've been complaining about the drive train for a long time and have written a number of posts discussing this. I don't know of Toyota's social media group is even reading this board. But they need to do something to make this car a complete package and not a half done project. What you're experiencing is the coupling of an anemic 144 HP 4 cylinder engine to a car that weighs over 3400 lbs. That combination isn't going to get you and street cred for stoplight drag races. Then throw on top of it the horrible CVT and you have what we experience when putting our foot into the gas. Toyota could have easily fixed this issue by dropping in the 168 HP 4 cylinder from the Corolla HB and the Lexus UX200. Our car and the Corolla HB/UX200 all share the same chassis so it's just a drop in for the engine and trans. They should have done this for model year 2020. But all we got was cosmetics. Mean while Toyota dumps millions into developing a 180HP hybrid engine for the overseas markets.

Overall the car is decent and it more or less satisfies my daily needs. I'm just fortunate to have other go fast vehicles that helps me scratch my need for speed. You'll want to look at upgrading the headlights. They're horrible. Once you experience driving with HID or LED headlights you won't settle for anything less. I added in HID headlights within a week of buying my C-HR. The only way I could see much of anything is to run with the high beams on. It's definitely a safety hazard and something Toyota should have put in the proper headlights from the beginning. There are also people reporting transmission problems. I'm keeping an eye on this.

Reactions: freebird1963

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hey freebird! I concur with zx10 guy. No problems with the airbag status light on my 2018 and the lack of substantial pickup seems to be inherent in the model. That being said, I still love this vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
329 Posts
I have to say the car handles great. I can toss this thing into corners at some pretty high speeds and can definitely tell that they did put some attention into the suspension.

Reactions: freebird1963

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wifey did the research on this car and said he liked it and wanted it and we just bought this yesterday and seems there's an issue with the passenger airbag light saying off when someones in the passenger seat.
Called Toyota dealer about it said bring it in. Is this a common problem with this car ?
Also I noticed when we are driving and punch it no real pick up and seems not to shift till its like 4-5grand on the RPMs. Is this normal for this car?
Any other things we need to be on the watch for with it? So far I'm not impressed with it.
Thanks
Free
I bought it knowing pick up was an issue but liked the handling.This was bought solely as a commuter car and for the past 5 may months so far have been pleased

1 - 5 of 5 Posts