Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
329 Posts
From what I can tell, there isn't a dedicated hatch release button. To unlock the hatch, you have to either hit the unlock button on your armrest to unlock all the doors or double tap the unlock button your fob. While it's odd, not having a dedicated button, I can understand the logic; especially since the C-HR doesn't have a motorized hatch opener.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Yeah no dedicated release button just for the hatch. Its tied into the other door lock/unlock controls. There are aftermarket power liftgates that you can buy, which would come with one.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Going to have to do it manually unfortunately. The 2020 is getting a couple of revisions so this could be changed with future models. Welcome to the forum.

·
Super Moderator
329 Posts
Going to have to do it manually unfortunately. The 2020 is getting a couple of revisions so this could be changed with future models. Welcome to the forum.
Any confirmed changes for 2020 that you know of?

·
Registered
551 Posts
A mid production cycle design couldn't come sooner.

I might be one of the few that think the CH-R is ugly and needs revision but I can't help it. Of all vehicles in this segment, it stands out and not in the best of ways. Mazda's new CX-3 is a good example of whats on the opposite end of the spectrum, Toyota could try using some of those softer lines.

·
Super Moderator
329 Posts
The styling is growing on me. I could care less about them making any visual changes. I just want them to fix the lousy Infotainment system. And do something about the anemic power plant under the hood. Another thing I would like is for the option to get lumbar adjustment as an option for the lower trim models.

·
Registered
551 Posts
For anyone curious about my idea of what's "better," here it is, minus the red trim and crazy spoiler.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Any confirmed changes for 2020 that you know of?
Nothing has really been confirmed. Its just the new model in Malaysia that could preview some of the updates we will get in NA. Mostly looking like changes to the infotainment system and tech that's been used previously.

·
Registered
15 Posts
There is a thread here on the forum about an after-market tailgate electric lift assist for the C-HR. I'm having it installed this weekend. One of its features is a dash button for opening the rear hatch from the driver's seat. It's not why I'm getting it done though. I'm 5'1" and whenever I'm parked on a slope, I can't reach the hatch handle to lower the hatch.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts