Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
JUST INFORMING THE CHR COMMUNITY, I PURCHASED A PRE-CERTIFIED CHR 18' FROM MY LOCAL TOYOTA CHR DEALERSHIP.
ONLY OWNED FOR 8 MONTHS AND ADDED 13,000 MILES TO IT.
THE CAR WAS PURCHASED AT 37,000 MILES.
CAR GAVE NO ISSUES UNTIL ONE DAY I PLACED THE CAR ON PARK.
AFTER THAT, CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON, EBP LIGHT CAME ON AND ALL OTHER SENSORS APPEARED.
I RAN IMMEDIATELY TO THE DEALERSHIP AND WAS TOLD TO BRING IT BACK DURING PARTS HOURS.
BROUGHT IT BACK AND EXPLAINED THE SEVERE ISSUE.
WAS TOLD TO LEAVE IT AND THEY'LL HAVE TO TAKE A LOOK AT IT.
SAME DAY, RECEIVED A CALL AND WAS TOLD A GASKET WAS NOT UNDER WARRANTY AND WOULD HAVE TO PAY $640 DOLLARS FOR FIX.
I CALLED COPOREATE TOYOTA AND TOLD THEM THAT MY UNDER WARRANTY SAID SEALS, GASKETS AND INTAKE MANOFILD SHOW UNDER WARRANTY.
LONG STORY SHORT
TOYOTA REFUSED TO FIX IT AND APPERNTLY GASKETS ARE NOT UNDER WARRNTY.
HAS ANYONE HAD SUCH ISSUE BEFROE AND WHAT WAS YOUR OUTCOME?

DO NOT WANT TO PAY 640 AND FOR THEM TO TELL ME THERE'S MORE ISSUES.
THIS IS A PHOTO OF THE RPM FLUCTUATING HIGH WITHOUT ANY HEAT OR A/C OR FOOT ON THE PEDEAL.
Speedometer Trip computer Odometer Automotive lighting Gauge

·
Registered
2021 Toyota C-HR XLE in Blizzrd Pearl
81 Posts
Where are you from? Go to another dealer if you can, or bring it to a reliable mechanic that you trust... If you're warranty says gaskets are covered than you have a legitimate complaint if they won't cover it... Might be lawyer time... Only issue I can see is that it is a 2018 but you say it is certified pre owned so you should have some leverage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JUST INFORMING THE CHR COMMUNITY, I PURCHASED A PRE-CERTIFIED CHR 18' FROM MY LOCAL TOYOTA CHR DEALERSHIP.
ONLY OWNED FOR 8 MONTHS AND ADDED 13,000 MILES TO IT.
THE CAR WAS PURCHASED AT 37,000 MILES.
CAR GAVE NO ISSUES UNTIL ONE DAY I PLACED THE CAR ON PARK.
AFTER THAT, CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON, EBP LIGHT CAME ON AND ALL OTHER SENSORS APPEARED.
I RAN IMMEDIATELY TO THE DEALERSHIP AND WAS TOLD TO BRING IT BACK DURING PARTS HOURS.
BROUGHT IT BACK AND EXPLAINED THE SEVERE ISSUE.
WAS TOLD TO LEAVE IT AND THEY'LL HAVE TO TAKE A LOOK AT IT.
SAME DAY, RECEIVED A CALL AND WAS TOLD A GASKET WAS NOT UNDER WARRANTY AND WOULD HAVE TO PAY $640 DOLLARS FOR FIX.
I CALLED COPOREATE TOYOTA AND TOLD THEM THAT MY UNDER WARRANTY SAID SEALS, GASKETS AND INTAKE MANOFILD SHOW UNDER WARRANTY.
LONG STORY SHORT
TOYOTA REFUSED TO FIX IT AND APPERNTLY GASKETS ARE NOT UNDER WARRNTY.
HAS ANYONE HAD SUCH ISSUE BEFROE AND WHAT WAS YOUR OUTCOME?
DO NOT WANT TO PAY 640 AND FOR THEM TO TELL ME THERE'S MORE ISSUES.
Where are you from? Go to another dealer if you can, or bring it to a reliable mechanic that you trust... If you're warranty says gaskets are covered than you have a legitimate complaint if they won't cover it... Might be lawyer time... Only issue I can see is that it is a 2018 but you say it is certified pre owned so you should have some leverage.
im in New York. Their excuse was that gaskets were only covered 3years or 36,000miles, however, I bought the car at 37,000miles. To me, that means 3 years or 36,000 after the purchase date. But they meant the mileage of the car.
I even called corporate and they seemed helpful until they spoke to the delarship and took their side and told me that their reasoning was correct.

·
Registered
2021 Toyota C-HR XLE in Blizzrd Pearl
81 Posts
...gaskets were only covered 3years or 36,000miles, however, I bought the car at 37,000miles. To me, that means 3 years or 36,000 after the purchase date. But they meant the mileage of the car.
Yeah, that's mileage of the car, surprised they didn't offer an extended warranty since you bought it used...where in New York are you, upstate? NYCish? My old mechanic is in Rockaway, NJ and is phenomenal, if you want to take a day trip to drop it off to him...Brian Wall, Wall Automotive, Main Street Rockaway. (only thing I regret about moving to Myrtle Beach is leaving a great trusted mechanic)

·
Registered
20 Posts
You mentioned "pre-certified", did you mean "certified pre-owned"?

The reason I'm asking is because I bought a certified pre-owned C-HR 2019 vehicle and, even though i got extended warranty as part of the deal, they still included a "12month/12k miles comprehensive limited warranty" that covers most of those components for the specified period.
If the vehicle was "certified pre-owned " you should have received this in writing.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You mentioned "pre-certified", did you mean "certified pre-owned"?

The reason I'm asking is because I bought a certified pre-owned C-HR 2019 vehicle and, even though i got extended warranty as part of the deal, they still included a "12month/12k miles comprehensive limited warranty" that covers most of those components for the specified period.
If the vehicle was "certified pre-owned " you should have received this in writing.
Yes, certified pre-owned Toyota CHR 2018. I gave them the booklet they gave me when I bought the car, and it mentioned the components of the gasket. They still refused. I might have to hire a lawyer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts