Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 2018 Toyota CH-R which worked mostly fine for the first 2 years, however over the past 3 months the car’s battery completely dies after 1+ day of not being used.Most recently, it had enough power to unlock the car but that’s it. It won’t even lock. It’s been serviced recently and all came back fine.

Does anyone have any advice on what I should do? Should I contact Toyota directly, as apparently this is a frequent issue with these cars?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2018 CHR
16 Posts
My 2018 Toyota CHR just had the battery replaced the first week in January 2021. It was dead the whole weekend of Christmas.. They said it was a bad cell in the battery. I have the platinum plus plan and I paid out of pocket for the replacement. The car was checkedout in November and at that time was fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have same issue with my 2018 CH-R, I'm taking it to the dealership tomorrow morning. Will keep you updated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

I have a 2018 Toyota CH-R which worked mostly fine for the first 2 years, however over the past 3 months the car’s battery completely dies after 1+ day of not being used.Most recently, it had enough power to unlock the car but that’s it. It won’t even lock. It’s been serviced recently and all came back fine.

Does anyone have any advice on what I should do? Should I contact Toyota directly, as apparently this is a frequent issue with these cars?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm having the same battery issues with my 2017 CHR that I bought less than a month ago. Twice in the past week my battery has died and I've called out Toyota Assist. I keep being told it's because I've not used it enough but this past week it has been used. Has anyone got any advice on anything they've done to get a permanent fix with Toyota for this fault?

Thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
My 2018 Toyota CHR just had the battery replaced the first week in January 2021. It was dead the whole weekend of Christmas.. They said it was a bad cell in the battery. I have the platinum plus plan and I paid out of pocket for the replacement. The car was checkedout in November and at that time was fine.

·
Premium Member
2018 CHR
16 Posts
Has this rectified the issue?
My battery is dead again. Toyota Roadside was not accepting calls as they are in Texas. I called AARP roadside and they towed it to the dealer. They left it outside all night and the battery froze. They are waiting for it to thaw out so they can test the battery to see if it fails. If it fails then they can replace it. They tried to tell me that they don't have any more batteries for my model car adn it may be a month before they get some in. I found 6 batteries at another dealer location in the parts department. Waiting to hear if they will work with a battery from another dealer. They tried to talk me into an off market battery and I said no because that voids the warranty. Is anyone else having battery issues?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Replaced my battery in my 2018 in 2020. Didn't seem like it lasted as long as it should have. I thought the dealership was checking my battery with my oil changes but I guess not.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Having the same problem with my 2018 chr ,had to jump start ,work fine that day ,next day wouldn’t start but check engine light is on/visit dealership ,so took it to the dealership yesterday morning still waiting for a call to hear what the problem is

·
Registered
5 Posts
Having the same problem with my 2018 chr ,had to jump start ,work fine that day ,next day wouldn’t start but check engine light is on/visit dealership ,so took it to the dealership yesterday morning still waiting for a call to hear what the problem is (brought a new battery before I drive it to the dealer)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Had the same problem with my 2018 chr jump starting mess the codes ,had to be taken to the dealership to reset the codes Apparently they don’t make battery like they used to Recommend battery replaced every 2/3 years

·
Registered
2018 xle premium
1 Posts
My 2018 battery died without any warning. Had a brake job done at Westboro Toyota, drove 10 miles to get some food. When I came out of the restaurant, the car would not start. No slow cranking, no hint at all that the battery was going to die. WTF?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts