Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The spies did it again, but this time it's an undisguised prototype :eek:

The U.S.-bound C-HR was supposed to wear the Scion badge, but since Toyota is saying “scionara” to its youth-oriented brand, the tiny high-riding model will wear the logo with the three overlapping ellipses.
While the exterior and interior design will remain essentially the same, that won’t be the case with the engine. Europeans get to pick from a turbocharged 1.2-liter with 115 horsepower (85 kilowatts) and a hybridized, 122-hp 1.8-liter. Moreover, in select countries (excluding UK), Toyota will sell the C-HR with a naturally-aspirated 2.0-liter.

·
Registered
551 Posts
This is one thing I love about Toyota, they'll show you a concept and come time for it's production version to drop, little has changed, we get to see what we're getting right from the start.

Surprised I didn't see or mention it before but i'm starting to see a bit of the RX in the rear end of the C-HR. Compare for yourselves and see:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's more photos of it:
:)

Not as bad as I thought compared to the concept photo and to this one at the Geneva Motor Show 2016.

·
Registered
410 Posts
This is one thing I love about Toyota, they'll show you a concept and come time for it's production version to drop, little has changed, we get to see what we're getting right from the start.

Surprised I didn't see or mention it before but i'm starting to see a bit of the RX in the rear end of the C-HR. Compare for yourselves and see:

I don't see the similarities. What are you looking at?

As for the spied photos, I love how sporty the C-HR looks and they kept the pinched metal line spanning the length of the car.

·
Registered
551 Posts
The similarities are with how the roof ends and it surrounding area, if you focus on that you'll see quite a lot going on that are similar.
On the downside those RX owner won't be as thrilled about it as we are, since they're spending so much and have a design used on some cheap entry-level crossover.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I can see where you're going with this but, the RX has a sleeker look to it while the C-HR is more bulky and they have the floating roof design in the rear. Doubt RX owners will be overly upset.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Just heard they have plans to come out with a vehicle that sits right under the C-HR. Sound like what could be a good city car, and something that might start showing up in good numbers at car sharing companies.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I heard Toyota was thinking about a performance-oriented C-HR but I didn't think they would come out with something to sit under the C-HR. Is it going to be a new model or just an under powered C-HR?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Here's more photos of it:
:)

Now i'm starting to see how it looks like the new Civic. Not a bad thing i'd say but it would have been nice for the C-HR to have a design unique to it. But with mainstream vehicles we can't have too much for expectations:

·
Registered
551 Posts
Yeah at least they did get that part 'right' beats what some other brands are doing, Toyota is trying to carve out its own unique identity

·
Registered
551 Posts
I know what you mean, it sucks when it happens to a vehicle that has everything you like but design is lacking in some small areas. With German cars I noticed that to be the deal.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Oh man.. I'm horrible with German cars. Even from specific manufacturers. To this date I still can't tell the difference between a 3,5,7 series Bmw ..

·
Registered
410 Posts
BMW and Mercedes seems to be guilty of coming out with similar looking car designs. I really can't tell the difference with them but with Toyota you can easily do so since their lineup has a lot of unique looks in it.

·
Registered
551 Posts
BMW and Mercedes seems to be guilty of coming out with similar looking car designs. I really can't tell the difference with them but with Toyota you can easily do so since their lineup has a lot of unique looks in it.
Well these days there's a big divide in design from both brands. The last generation C-Class was probably the last of the "BMW-looking" MB sedans. Now everything MB has is completely different from other German brands and IMO, better looking.

·
Registered
153 Posts
MB definitely has come a long way and they have changed their game up quite a bit. But I think I'm still a big fan of the BMW appearance. Mostly the new M4

·
Registered
8 Posts
The day I drove ours home my neighbor, who recently bought an RX stopped me to see what it was... he commented that he wished he knew about the C-HR before buying the Lexus.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts