Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2018 Toyota C-HR is going to come with optional contrasting roof. The prototype on display at the Chicago auto show had a metallic teal body and a gloss white roof. I've always like the floating roof look and it'll be nice to get a white body with a black roof or a red body with a black roof. Just something different.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Reminds me of a mini-cooper color combination. But other manufacturers like Kia are doing the same thing with the Soul. Personally I'd skip out on the white roof but I can see people going for it. Like you listed, White with a black roof or Red with a black roof and I'll be a content camper.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depends on how much more Toyota will charge for a painted roof and I really can't see a white roof looking good on any color but blindingly bright paints. This two toned thing seems to be a new trend, even Jeep is doing it with the Compass.

·
Registered
248 Posts
The two-tone thing works on the right vehicles and appeals to a lot more people by making a simple change.

The white roof can look good even on a nice red metallic paint job. It's an old-school combination that adds more character to the already animated C-HR. Am I a fan of it, not really, but I'm sure there are people out there that are.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The two tone roof works best on crossovers with a roof that's not too large. Can't see it apply to full sized SUVs or anything low to the ground like a sedan. If the black is an affordable option then I may be interested.

·
Registered
248 Posts
The main thing is the way it cuts off at the bottom. If there is a clean area where the roof/top panel ends in conjunction with the A pillar and the rear, then it'll work well. If it's something continuous, then obviously, not possible. Well it is possible, but it would look stupid

·
Registered
551 Posts
Starting to wonder if they will use the CH-R as a platform to offer an EV, and if that's the case then maybe the 3rd roof option will be a carbon fiber roof ;)

It's a bit of a stretch but with how much cheaper CF is getting by the month, that is a growing possibility.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The Euro version and Australian versions are offered with black or white roof options.
North america only gets white roof options.
Cost $540 for the blue or green & $795 for the red here in Canada.

·
Registered
153 Posts
There is no way they would ever have an option for a carbon fiber roofed C-HR. They'd do that with the Supra first before anything I would think and even at that, I highly doubt that one too haha

1 - 9 of 9 Posts