Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone thought about checking in their c-hr with no dealer installed steering wheel heating switch? I was wondering if all of them have the same steering wheels and wiring already there. If thats the case we should be able to hook it up with the switch

·
Registered
185 Posts
Has anyone thought about checking in their c-hr with no dealer installed steering wheel heating switch? I was wondering if all of them have the same steering wheels and wiring already there. If thats the case we should be able to hook it up with the switch
I have a 2018 NA XLE. Are you saying that our steering wheel has a element installed natively but, we simply need it connected to power to activate it?

·
Super Moderator
268 Posts
It doesn't help. It's just what appears to be the opening page of the service manual for the heated steering wheel. Would need to see the rest of the contents. But my suspicions is the rest of the content still wouldn't help unless someone tears into the car and see if the components identified in the service manual or the parts micro fiche are in a car without the factory installed heated steering wheel.

I'm thinking no. But I've been surprised before. Such as finding out the factory has the wiring harness in place to install the factory fog lights in cars without them.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 2018 NA XLE. Are you saying that our steering wheel has a element installed natively but, we simply need it connected to power to activate it?
There is a possibility. I was reading on a Rav4 forum. Where the harness for the fog lights was already there and people just had to add the switch and connect the wires.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It doesn't help. It's just what appears to be the opening page of the service manual for the heated steering wheel. Would need to see the rest of the contents. But my suspicions is the rest of the content still wouldn't help unless someone tears into the car and see if the components identified in the service manual or the parts micro fiche are in a car without the factory installed heated steering wheel.

I'm thinking no. But I've been surprised before. Such as finding out the factory has the wiring harness in place to install the factory fog lights in cars without them.

Exactly what i was thinking. Visually, the steering wheels looks exactly the same in heated and no heated variants but as you said someone will need to take it apart to see the actual components are there or not

·
Super Moderator
268 Posts
Exactly what i was thinking. Visually, the steering wheels looks exactly the same in heated and no heated variants but as you said someone will need to take it apart to see the actual components are there or not
The other variable is that the base trims use the neoprene/plastic steering wheels which won't have the option for a heated steering wheel. Where as the fog lights were intended to be an add on for all trims that didn't get them as factory installed with the Limited trim being the only one that came standard with them.

The same question would apply to the heated seats. But the one option which I would love to have that isn't even offered as an option is the blind spot detection/monitoring. I would do that retrofit in a heartbeat as the blind spots on these cars can be problematic. I've had a couple of close calls but overall I've managed to deal with it.

Personally, I don't care for heated steering wheels or seats in a car. My BMW has heated seats and the option for a heated steering wheel. The heated steering wheel option would have changed the style steering wheel from the thick M sport wheel to a thinner one which is why not many of those cars have it. For my heated seats, I use the passenger seat as a food warmer for take out food. LOL.

The only place where heated anything is really a necessity is with two wheeled vehicles. I just recently purchased a 2016 BMW C650 Sport maxiscooter. The day I got it, I had to ride back in 30 to 32 F degree weather. To say I froze certain parts off is an understatement. But I couldn't have made that ride back had the scooter not had decent front wind protection along with heated hand grips and seats.

·
Registered
36 Posts
zc10guy “... For my heated seats, I use the passenger seat as a food warmer for take out food...”

LOL. Too funny!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts