Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've noticed when in stop and go traffic the vehicle bucks mildly when i either start to lightly accelerate and take my foot off accelerate. Like the vehicle looses a little steam or has a slight gear issue. What could be the problem...if any?

· Premium Member
524 Posts
Without physically having the car to test, my first guess would be you might be experiencing transmission problems.

· Registered
19 Posts
I've noticed when in stop and go traffic the vehicle bucks mildly when i either start to lightly accelerate and take my foot off accelerate. Like the vehicle looses a little steam or has a slight gear issue. What could be the problem...if any?
I noticed this too on my 2018 C-HR, but after it was ran through diagnostics, it seemed resolved.
So maybe you want your dealer or someone with a OBD ( or whatever its called ) run a scan & correct whatever it might be.
Cheers.

· Registered
2021 Toyoda C-HR Dark Blue
28 Posts
ive noticed my 2021 xle does the same thing, when im driving slow and let off the gas, it seems to surge alot. it feels weird and a little scary that it jumps forward when im expecting it to slow down.
same while accelerating if i do it in small amounts like in stop and go it acts oddly sometimes lagging and surging when stepping on and off the gas pedal. feels clunky at times too when first stepping on gas. Doesnt do it all the time, but seems to do it alot in stop and go driving.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts