Toyota C-HR Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2018 CH-R started having the “whinning” noise about 58k miles, I didnt make it in to the dealer until 62k, where they told me it was the front bearings. Have the bearings replaced and issue continued. They (dealer) admit is transmission, but will only cover 50% cause am am out of warranty! I’ve had 10 Toyotas in my life time, of which I still own 5! With 100k’s of miles in each and NOT one has ever failed. Now Toyota wont cover?!?! For a fairly new vehicle?!! I called Toyota and they have NO records of any CHR having “this” transmission issue . I have created a case, Toyota NEEDs to be informed of all these issues so we can get a recall or Notice of issue, and have them be liable for the cost. The number I calledis 1-800-331-4331

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 2018 CH-R started having the “whinning” noise about 58k miles, I didnt make it in to the dealer until 62k, where they told me it was the front bearings. Have the bearings replaced and issue continued. They (dealer) admit is transmission, but will only cover 50% cause am am out of warranty! I’ve had 10 Toyotas in my life time, of which I still own 5! With 100k’s of miles in each and NOT one has ever failed. Now Toyota wont cover?!?! For a fairly new vehicle?!! I called Toyota and they have NO records of any CHR having “this” transmission issue . I have created a case, Toyota NEEDs to be informed of all these issues so we can get a recall or Notice of issue, and have them be liable for the cost. The number I calledis 1-800-331-4331
Mine goes in Saturday! Same whining noise…. They Think it just needs a transmission update 🙄 what???? We shall see
I thankfully got the platinum warranty….

1 - 2 of 2 Posts