Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

I'm looking to change the stock head unit on my 2018 C-HR, and I would like to retain the Factory USB and Aux Input port. Haven't opened it up yet but I believe this is the socket (Image attached from eBay). The USB port would need a 5-pin adapter for a new head unit, but what kind of connector does the 3.5mm Aux Input use?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hello,

I'm looking to change the stock head unit on my 2018 C-HR, and I would like to retain the Factory USB and Aux Input port. Haven't opened it up yet but I believe this is the socket (Image attached from eBay). The USB port would need a 5-pin adapter for a new head unit, but what kind of connector does the 3.5mm Aux Input use?

View attachment 6227
You need this; PAC USB-TY1 to retain factory USB/AUX connection with aftermarket radio.
Check this thread; (1) Installed A 10" Radio Over The Weekend | Toyota C-HR Forum

·
Registered
130 Posts
Thanks! I was just looking at the PAC USB-TY1. So looks like I'll have to give up a USB port to retain the AUX. And yes, I learned about that 5-pin adapter from the post you shared :D
As far as I know you should be able to retain both the USB and AUX with PAC USB-TY1. When I changed radio in my 18 CHR that's the cable I used and I had the exact same setup as the one from that thread I mentioned. There was only 1 adapter for both AUX/USB. Sorry I cant confirm it now as I have sold my chr

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
As far as I know you should be able to retain both the USB and AUX with PAC USB-TY1. When I changed radio in my 18 CHR that's the cable I used and I had the exact same setup as the one from that thread I mentioned. There was only 1 adapter for both AUX/USB. Sorry I cant confirm it now as I have sold my chr
Oh I see, thanks for the info! Might try that out and see if it works with the head unit I'll be ordering. If ot I might just swap it out with one that has multiple USB ports

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Let us know what head unit you end up installing. TIA!
I ended up installing a "Teyes" Android head unit since it came in a set with all the wiring harnesses, including one that connects to the built in USB Port. My phone seems to connect and recognize the Aux port but I couldn't find where in this head unit to actually play the sound from Aux lol... (The "Aux" app seems to be looking for some video, or maybe I didn't connect the Aux because I only see one cable with the proprietary connector, unlike the one in the picture in original post which has another connector). It's a great head unit, even cold boot is really quick. Though be wary apparently there are many faceplate sizes and the one I got is too big for my 2018. Head unit is currently being held in place with tape... Ordered a smaller C-HR Faceplate for Android Head units, hopefully it fits. Still Waiting for it to arrive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts