Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I've ordered some Tein Flex A coilovers for the Hybrid and these will be fitted towards the end of the week. I've also ordered the optional EDFC Active Pro module to automatically adjust the dampers when driving, but as with all things in Thailand I don't have much confidence in the installers to do this correctly.

I'm wandering what sort of drop are people running on their lowered cars.

After installing some 20x8.5 rims (et40) with 245/35/20 tyres, some lowering springs with a -30mm or -40mm drop isn't really going to look right and the harsh roads over here will make for a very uncomfortable ride especially with elastic band tyres. I'm aiming for perhaps -60mm at the front and -55mm at the rear to allow the car to turn more eagerly and gain more grip at the front.

Photo of the car here for reference - looks like a pick-up truck :frown2:

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi guys,

I've ordered some Tein Flex A coilovers for the Hybrid and these will be fitted towards the end of the week. I've also ordered the optional EDFC Active Pro module to automatically adjust the dampers when driving, but as with all things in Thailand I don't have much confidence in the installers to do this correctly.

I'm wandering what sort of drop are people running on their lowered cars.

After installing some 20x8.5 rims (et40) with 245/35/20 tyres, some lowering springs with a -30mm or -40mm drop isn't really going to look right and the harsh roads over here will make for a very uncomfortable ride especially with elastic band tyres. I'm aiming for perhaps -60mm at the front and -55mm at the rear to allow the car to turn more eagerly and gain more grip at the front.

Photo of the car here for reference - looks like a pick-up truck :frown2:
Hi there, I like where your going with your set up. In the pics, are you running any lowering Sorings at all, or did you just Instal your 20” wheels and have the hight of your car stock?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Im running the same springs on some 18s with the stock tires. Do you have any noise when steering left or right? Do you bottom out with the springs? Cause i have those issues

·
Registered
13 Posts
Im running the same springs on some 18s with the stock tires. Do you have any noise when steering left or right? Do you bottom out with the springs? Cause i have those issues
I have zero issues with rubbing, bottoming out or any type of noise turning left or right. I have hit some pretty hard dips on the freeway at 70-80 mph and thought it would rub, but no, very smooth and like I said, zero issues. If you have the stock tires but bought different 18” wheels, it could be the offset on those wheels that’s giving you the problems. Just a thought. I can’t see what els would be causing the problem your having.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have zero issues with rubbing, bottoming out or any type of noise turning left or right. I have hit some pretty hard dips on the freeway at 70-80 mph and thought it would rub, but no, very smooth and like I said, zero issues. If you have the stock tires but bought different 18” wheels, it could be the offset on those wheels that’s giving you the problems. Just a thought. I can’t see what els would be causing the problem your having.
No rubbing. I suspected the strut bearings on the noise when steering at parking lot speed only or when stationary. The bottoming part is only when i hit really deep bumps. Thanks for the info though 🙋‍♂️

·
Registered
13 Posts
No rubbing. I suspected the strut bearings on the noise when steering at parking lot speed only or when stationary. The bottoming part is only when i hit really deep bumps. Thanks for the info though 🙋‍♂️
Oh ok, I like the way your setting up you CHR. Looks good. I was wondering what our car would look like with different wheels in a 18” size. I don’t really want to go with a too much bigger wheel where I have to go with a supper low profile tire. This is my daily driver so I don’t want to have issues with blowing tires left and right. I’ll probably go with a 19” wheel at most. Thanks for sharing your info and your car. Looks good. 👍🏽😊

·
Registered
13 Posts

So I finally decided to go with 20” wheels. Wife got me these for Valentine’s Day. Love that woman. These are the Black Diamond 20”x 9” with a 46 offset. I’m running 245/35/20 tires.
Tanabe springs 1” front drop and
1.7” rear drop. No rubbing issues at all. Runs smooth with just a little more tire noise from the road, other than that, it’s all good. I love it!! 👍🏽

1 - 9 of 9 Posts