Toyota C-HR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many other CH-R hybrid owners are suffering the same problem as I am with the 12v battery?

It is the most unreliable car I have ever bought and if left unused for more than one day the 12v battery fails and the car will not start.

The dealer has checked it several times and says that the battery is fine but the car should be used for long journeys every day.
What is the point of buying an ecological car that stands idle on the drive because it will not start.

Does anyone else think that Toyota have missold these cars and that the new technology does not match up to expectations.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you have a hybrid, you shouldn't drive it only for short few-minute trips. Because when it's in electric mode, the 12V battery isn't charging. The petrol engine needs to run for some time to charge the 12V battery, like with classic engines.

·
Registered
2021 Blizzard Pearl Nightshade C-HR
9 Posts
^Vodamark nailed it^. It's electric. It doesn't charge with an extension cord, it charges with driving. Definitely not made for short trips. Made for long huals to get the best milage out of it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The dealer has checked it several times and says that the battery is fine but the car should be used for long journeys every day.
Don't worry, that's absolutely false.
The 12v battery is very small and discharges and deteriorates faster than in other types of car, but absolutely nothing happens if you do not use the car daily.

It is enough to use the vehicle once a week, for example. Half an hour should be enough.
Of course, if the car is used daily it is better.

The 12v battery is charged from the HYBRID system battery circuit, it does not require the combustion engine.

Will my Toyota hybrid be okay if I don't drive it for a long time? - Toyota UK Magazine

1 - 4 of 4 Posts