animal ran into our chr - Page 2 - Toyota C-HR Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-05-2020, 01:08 PM

Garage
Some places require comprehensive/full coverage when it involves a new vehicle loan.

2018 C-HR XLE Ruby Flare Pearl R-Code
2018 Rav4 XLE White with sunroof

2004 Sea-Doo GTX with custom fishing rig.

2010 Rav4 (200k mi club) - RIP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-05-2020, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoLleRKoaSTeR View Post
Some places require comprehensive/full coverage when it involves a new vehicle loan.
all places require that .
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-05-2020, 03:51 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Why are you carrying a $1000 deductible on comprehensive coverage instead of something way lower? I can understand collision but comprehensive?
mine is 500
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-05-2020, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator

I get that. I have comprehensive too. But not at a $1000 deductible. I don't think you're getting that much of a savings having the deductible that high. Comprehensive claims are not at fault coverage for things such as theft, hail, and animal strikes. Any claims under comprehensive shouldn't affect your premiums all that much if at all.

That's why I said if you carried a $1000 deductible for collision...that I can understand depending on your driving/accident record, claims history, and where you primarily drive.

For my comprehensive coverage, I have a $100 deductible. My collision is $500. I bet if you contact your agent about lowering your deductible for comprehensive coverage, you'll find it's not going to be that much of an increase.

2019 Toyota C-HR LE Silver Knockout Metallic
2016 BMW C650 Sport White/Black
2013 BMW 135i Carbon Black
2009 Ducati 848 Pearl White/Black
2004 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R Black
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-02-2020, 06:08 AM Thread Starter

update: state farms initial payout for repairs was 2448.80. then we got a call from the toyota collision center . they found some other damage(headlight housing mounting tabs broken and some one use only parts) so they submitted a additional money request to state farm .

state farm has agreed to payment and the repair will move forward . suggested date of return is the 14th .could be sooner depends when parts arrive .all new parts .

so there was no issue using the dealers repair center .i will grab some pics when we get it back
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-17-2020, 09:16 AM Thread Starter

got our chr back from the dealers collision center .looks new again . that little bit of damage costs over 5 thousand dollars .
a new headlight housing was over 600 bucks . dont break one...lol.
they claim they had to re calibrate the front radar sensor for the radar cruise control ,that costs over 300 bucks alone .is needed anytime the bumper cover is replaced i guess .
over 300 bucks!! probably just plug it in to a computer hit a button and wait a few seconds .

it is what it is .state farm had no problem paying whatever they requested . good thing as we been with them over 25 years and never had a claim .

ps- they replaced all the lower plastic panels on the passenger side too . those raised accent panels on bottom of doors .yeah that .

so all is well again .

Last edited by joe doe; 02-17-2020 at 09:18 AM.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-18-2020, 10:05 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks for the follow up. That $600 for the headlight assembly isn't that bad. I think it's par for the course with modern cars. With that figure, I assume you got OEM replacements and not aftermarket or junk yard. The headlights on my BMW were $1300 a pop when I hit a deer. And I also have State Farm.

The charge for the radar calibration is probably right. I know it's a ridiculous amount for what you are correct on which is plugging in a tool to calibrate the sensors. But the tool is the expense and the shop recuperates the cost of the equipment by charging for the service.

I'm just waiting on someone having damage on the rear quarter of our cars. The shape of the rear end is going to present challenges for a shop to get the repair right.

2019 Toyota C-HR LE Silver Knockout Metallic
2016 BMW C650 Sport White/Black
2013 BMW 135i Carbon Black
2009 Ducati 848 Pearl White/Black
2004 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R Black
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-18-2020, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

yes oem headlight housing. no aftermarket went on the car .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page