Took me over six hours to install all speakers (I took my time).
Replacing the tweeter in the corners took the longest as I wanted to use the OEM connector to eliminate any unneeded splicing and wiring. I had to figure out the polarity of the connector on the OEM "tweeter". I used the instructions from the Kenwood speaker as a guide. It looks like the capacitor on the tweeter (the OEM one) is on the + line. Used that as a reference and marked the appropriate side of the connector with a marker before removing solder from the tweeter's leads from that connector. Next, I removed that weak OEM tweeter (it is held with some type of white glue/gel. Then it was just a matter of soldering the new tweeter leads to the OEM connector and hot gluing the new and improved tweeter (it fits) into the corner plastic tweeter part.
There was plenty of space for the in-line crossover (from the Kenwood kit) and excess wiring.
/yes I have some soldering skills
//all audio equipment installed is Kenwood now in the C-HR.
///I <heart> slashies
2018 C-HR XLE Ruby Flare Pearl R-Code
2010 Rav4 (200k mi club)
2004 Sea-Doo GTX with custom fishing rig.
Yea, should have made some pictures or something. I could not even find them on the Internet as a guide or even reproduce them.
Another note - getting the A pillar covers were a pain in the farking arse at night - had to use my head-band light (I used that when in the my house's crawlspace or attic when I did my LAN wiring two years ago). Twisting those clips with a needle nose plyer took patience.