Few things i put in XLE - Toyota C-HR Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Drake2008

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 11:24 AM Thread Starter

Few things i put in XLE

Got my wife a XLE 2019 last Jan and i put a few things in like
swap out the halogen with LEDs for the interior, head light ,backup light, signal lights and a center tailgate light.

Aftermarket customed power liftgate (The most costly project- both money and time)

Front Foglights and switchback DRLs lights.

Low back stoplight double as backup light.

Got a deal with dealership and had them installed doors egde and handle protection as well as paint protection.

currently, i trying to install dash cam nicely with a hidden usb port in glove box. ( one outlet is kinda disappointing so i leave it for other stuff)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 12:19 PM
Super Moderator

What powered lift gate kit did you use and did you install it yourself? I've been bouncing back and forth on whether I want to do this or not.

And I'm assuming the additional USB port you're looking to install is just a charging port and not a data port?

2019 Toyota C-HR LE Silver Knockout Metallic
2013 BMW 135i Carbon Black
2009 Ducati 848 Pearl White/Black
2004 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R Black
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 03:57 AM Thread Starter

It a wonderful thing to have since the car is for my wife and she the one usually do the grocery.
i did alot of research and found a YouTube channel mainly DIY CHR.
Alot of video show it off but rarely show you how to do it.
https://youtu.be/Ym3doGpX7JU

This one is the closest to a manual to how to install it, but they since upgraded the kit and it much more convenient compared to the one in the video.Few things i put in XLE-a71d8350-e0f1-4931-b891-8bb49381e22b_1551516658158.jpg

I dont want to sound like a saleman but it really great since you have a “kick sensor” add-on option or just buy the standard and use the fatory remote to open the tailgate.

The kit is abit pricy, 499 +tax and shipping that almost come to 600.
the manual is for EU And Asia version so it gave me abit trouble.

Total time to installed it myself was 5h. Mainly for wiring and make it look nice and professional done. the Kits is pretty much swap then plug and play.

I recommend installing another light like mine for trunk space at the same time you install the power liftgate so it can lit the whole thing and not just an awkward coner side light. A simple Led connected to the original trunk light is enough to make the difference.

love to do DIY but my wife naging me not to take it apart again so im happy to answer any question.
Here some pics of our CHR:
Happy tinkering.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	35D07908-720C-4A9A-8798-F0689557F011_1551516735016.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	5266   Click image for larger version

Name:	0EFB8A30-5EA4-4E54-B718-C343B3B5DDCA_1551516788500.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	5268  
zx10guy likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 04:05 AM Thread Starter

Ps: for the USB, I intend to put a doble usb power outlet in the dashboard for dashcam or other electronics and keep the main power outlet free just in case.
i dont think double the data usb is a good idea since I upgraded my Old car with a Pioneer 7” That enable applecarplay, it have 2 usb port and i had some trouble when the headset Keep switching back and forth between the 2
I soon disconnect and only use one.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 09:54 AM
Super Moderator

Drake,

Thanks for the reply. I had thought you bought the kit I was looking in to. Yes, I saw that Youtube video too. The creator of the video is very active in the UK C-HR forums. The amount of stuff he's done to his car is amazing. If I remember correctly, he lives in Malaysia or one of the Asian countries in that area.

I'm still thinking if I really need to have this feature. Reach of the lift gate isn't a problem for me as I'm 6'5" tall.

Did you have to remove the bumper cover to install the foot sensor?

As to the USB ports, what you said about making the new ports power only is what I was thinking you were doing. I haven't seen a solution which allows an additional data port on a head unit due to the problems you've stated.

2019 Toyota C-HR LE Silver Knockout Metallic
2013 BMW 135i Carbon Black
2009 Ducati 848 Pearl White/Black
2004 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R Black

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page