Lexus UX - Toyota C-HR Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-09-2018, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Lexus UX

So I read that the new Lexus UX will have a 168 hp 2.0 and a 176 hybrid. So I would think this would mean no expected HP increase for the C-HR in the near future. Any thoughts on the UX?

PDR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-12-2018, 09:09 AM

Isn't the Lexus UX a completely new model? Why would the next gen C-HR take after its powertrain?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-12-2018, 09:37 AM Thread Starter

Garage
NY Daily News
Built on the same platform as Toyota’s C-HR, two different versions of the 2019 Lexus UX will be available beginning in December 2018: the gasoline-powered UX 200, and the UX 250h gas-electric hybrid. Both can be equipped in F Sport trim, which offers a variety of sporty aesthetic additions over the standard trim.
Both versions of the 2019 Lexus UX will utilize a 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine, which generates 168 horsepower in the UX 200 and 176 hp in UX 250h form,
A new 168-horsepower, 2.0-liter 4-cylinder engine debuts in the Lexus UX 200, while the UX 250h adds new hybrid components to that engine for a combined 176 horsepower. The UX 250h uses tried-and-true nickel-metal hydride battery technology, and it is located under the rear seat. An E-Four all-wheel-drive system is available for the UX 250h, installing a second electric motor to the rear wheels to provide extra traction.

PDR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-12-2018, 09:45 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Since they share platforms and basically engine size, I doubt that they would bump up the C-HR horsepower that much. I realize they did not directly compete against each other, but I cant see them giving the C-HR significantly more power if they do not have a significant improvement on the luxury derivative available.

PDR
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-13-2018, 08:25 AM

I think if we do see a boost to the CH-R's powertrain, that it will be the result of a hybrid model down the line. We know the increase in power that comes as a result of the electrical motors and its obvious that Toyota recognizes the need for hybrid CUV's.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page