Toyota C-HR Recalls - Page 2 - Toyota C-HR Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-25-2017, 10:43 AM

Here only the plastic cap.. no EPB firmware update for my C-HR as recall in the Toyota system found today.

C-HR Hybrid --- JDM Style
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-29-2017, 11:08 PM
HRH

Today, They installed the cover and updated ECU.
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-09-2017, 12:54 PM

Just received another Recall notice here in the US regarding the C-HR titled "Electronic Parking brake-Skid Control ECU Reprogram".
I had already received a notice in regards to the EPB cover fix...Is this something different/additional?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-09-2017, 01:53 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrZeus View Post
Just received another Recall notice here in the US regarding the C-HR titled "Electronic Parking brake-Skid Control ECU Reprogram".
I had already received a notice in regards to the EPB cover fix...Is this something different/additional?
I've done both of them. This one is different from the plastic cover; they'll upgrade the software of SCECU to prevent the EPB malfunction message pop on your dash.
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-09-2017, 02:02 PM

Thanks Eric! Do you know what is meant by "skid control"? That is referencing the parking brake? Admittedly, I'm not real savvy with car speak.
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-09-2017, 03:33 PM

Garage
Quote:
Thanks Eric! Do you know what is meant by "skid control"? That is referencing the parking brake? Admittedly, I'm not real savvy with car speak.
Skid control probably means the whole traction control unit, such as TRC, VSC, ABS, EPB, DRCC, etc. Most of the systems related to brake, are connected with traction control unit. So once the Skid control unit detected an error code from EPB, the whole traction control system may be affected, such as DRCC, EPB and so on.

Here's a quote from Toyota Australia, they had a detailed explanation of this recall.

"In the subject vehicles, there is a possibility that the Skid Control Electronic Control Unit (ECU) may incorrectly identify a small increase in circuit resistance caused by expected oxide film on the Electronic Parking Brake (EPB) motor as an open circuit. This can typically occur when the EPB has not been operated for a period of time. ECU identification of the open circuit would result in illumination of the EPB warning light and could make the EPB inoperative. A vehicle with an inoperative parking brake that is not otherwise placed in "Park" (automatic transmission), or in 'N' (manual transmission) creates an increased risk of a rollaway if the vehicle is parked on a grade. For all involved vehicles, Toyota dealers will correct the skid control ECU at no cost to customers."
jadehawk likes this.
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-09-2017, 04:15 PM

Perfect explanation (even for me!).
Thanx!
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-10-2017, 07:00 AM

Quote:
+1...I just received mine too. I tend not to get very worried when receiving these recall notices and usually wait until I have a schedule service before I have them fixed.
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 12-29-2017, 03:30 PM

I had mine recall update. It took me 1 wait time and they did a reprogram update for the electronic parking brake.
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 01-02-2018, 01:40 PM

Garage
What is the rear bumper garnish. Apparently this is a notice about North American CHR XLE premiums that should have come standard with a rear bumper garnish or application. When I went to have the plastic piece placed on the shift area and the ECU update for the parking brake, they informed me of a the third notice which is just to add that bumper piece. Does anyone know that is or looks like. Mine is on order, but I have no idea where it will go or what it looks like. Does anyone? I really only count the ECU as a real recall, what do the others really do for the vehicle.

PDR

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page