1Likes
  • 1 Post By zx10guy

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-01-2019, 10:26 AM Thread Starter

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-02-2019, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator

I don't understand the point of the thread. The link you posted talks about the 2020 Highlander. Toyota has been slow rolling announcements on 2020 models which will have Android Auto. But so far there has been no announcements made about the 2020 C-HR. Also rumors are flying all over about whether there will be a firmware update available for those of us with Entune 3.0 systems which have Car Play but no Android Auto.

I don't know if anyone at Toyota is monitoring the Internet as part of their social media initiatives, but I have said this on a number of posts. The way Toyota is handling Android Auto is a total travesty. I've said they need to get the collective heads out of their back sides and put out some sort of official announcement on what the plans are for existing owners. The addition of Android Auto isn't some earth shattering company proprietary secret they need to keep under wraps for a competitive advantage. We're not talking about some new engine design being rolled out. It's a bloody infotainment feature that pretty much all of their competitors have as a standard feature for quite some time now. Allowing all these rumors and conjectures is not helping the situation nor creating customer satisfaction. I would rather know upfront good or bad whether my head unit is going to be upgraded or not; even if they said something along the lines of it being on the road map.
Striker likes this.

2019 Toyota C-HR LE Silver Knockout Metallic
2013 BMW 135i Carbon Black
2009 Ducati 848 Pearl White/Black
2004 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R Black
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-03-2019, 06:48 PM
Super Moderator

It's official. Android Auto for 2020.

https://www.toyotachrforum.com/forum...html#post43106

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 11:36 AM Thread Starter

My apology, the link that I posted it came from Motor Trend and I was a little bit disappointed because the picture on that link was 2020 CHR. Now my big question? This android car plays only on 2020 CHR or they will have an update on 2019 CHR to get the android.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 02:14 PM
Super Moderator

No apology needed. Was just wondering why you had posted that link.

That's the hope. From all appearances, the 2020 is using the same hardware as the 2019 in regards to Entune 3.0. One of the journalists in the launch videos even referred to the head unit in the 2020 as Entune. Unless this is a slip, I'm hopeful there is going to be a software update as they did with Car Play on certain 2018 models.

This is the frustrating part of all this swirl with Android Auto. Toyota knows there's a huge demand for it. How they're handling this is just unacceptable. They should be more upfront and clear as to which cars are getting Android Auto and if they'll provide updates for cars equipped with the necessary hardware; even if this is a speculated road map. Divulging what they're planning on doing with Android Auto isn't going to be a major competitive leak such as a totally new engine or model release/refresh. It's bloody Android Auto which pretty much all car manufacturers have as standard today. Toyota is just finally getting a clue and conforming with the market.

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-05-2019, 10:14 PM Thread Starter

You nailed it, why in the US is always lacking information. In Europe, Asia they have trim options as far as Turbo or Non-Turbo engine, Hybrid, Apple or Android infotainment but why in the US is so hard for them to understand. That's the only reason why I got 2019 is that the rumor is Android will come out around 2019 but nothing happened. I am hoping that in a couple of months we should be able to update Android car play.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Today, 08:50 AM

I've always been an Android user but am considering the purchase of a used iPhone SE for $100 and a second phone line so I can use my phone apps in my new 2019 C-HR. Then once Android Auto is added I can sell the iPhone for $75 or so and cancel the 2nd phone line. I use the Ting phone service and a second line is only $6 a month.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in