Hi from Canada - Toyota C-HR Forum
 3Likes
  • 1 Post By John in Kingston

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-31-2017, 09:06 PM Thread Starter

Hi from Canada

Ordered our new C-HR last week and are expecting it to be ready for pick up on August 8th. Traded our 2013 RAV4 which has been a great ride but decided that we wanted something just a little smaller. When I bought the RAV I had been waiting over 30 years to buy another Toyota product but always found them just a little more expensive than I could afford to pay at the time. Now that I'm back into the Toyota family again, couldn't bear to think of buying anything else. Looking forward to the bringing the new C-HR home.
ToyotaCHRAdmin likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-01-2017, 03:45 PM
SiR

Glad to have you back in the family. As far as compact Toyota's go, there couldn't be another better small Toyota to start again with.
Did you at any chance consider going to other car makers? I do see a lot of talk about the CX-3 (here and other communities)
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-01-2017, 09:07 PM Thread Starter

I checked out a couple of the other car makers, including Honda. I've owned several Mazda's in the past with a couple of them having been purchased new and a couple of them used. I'm sure that there are a lot of other somewhat comparable vehicles out there that, dare I say it, probably offer at the least, the same good value as the Toyota does but this is possibly my last vehicle and I just couldn't bring myself to buy anything but another Toyota.
SiR likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-04-2017, 12:29 PM
SiR

That's quite a powerful reason for going Toyota, I just hope after you put a good amount of miles on the CH-R that you still end up having the same outlook which with any new car is up in the clouds, no one will know for sure ahead of time. Do you at least have a good dealer that could do well at taking care of future issues?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-10-2017, 08:52 PM Thread Starter

Picked up the new C-HR on Tuesday, so far loving it. Still getting used to the blind spots but the ride, quiet and comfort are amazing. We opted for the extended warranty of 7 years/120 km's (approx. 72K miles) as we all know, first year models can go either way as far as bugs and reliability goes. Its got a lot of great things going for it and hope that Toyota keeps this one going for a long time but we are still waiting to see another one on the road in our area.
SiR likes this.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-13-2017, 09:37 PM
SiR

Quote:
Originally Posted by John in Kingston View Post
Picked up the new C-HR on Tuesday, so far loving it. Still getting used to the blind spots but the ride, quiet and comfort are amazing. We opted for the extended warranty of 7 years/120 km's (approx. 72K miles) as we all know, first year models can go either way as far as bugs and reliability goes. Its got a lot of great things going for it and hope that Toyota keeps this one going for a long time but we are still waiting to see another one on the road in our area.
Great thing about the blind spot these have is it can be bad enough to a point it retrains you on how you drive. Some people I know now make sure they stay well ahead or behind packs of drivers and are more aware of who's next to them.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-17-2017, 09:02 PM Thread Starter

Absolutely right on the retraining and yes staying ahead and in our case usually behind packs of cars and awareness is exactly what we've been doing. So far so good.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page