Gas Range Mileage - Toyota C-HR Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-20-2018, 11:17 AM Thread Starter

Question Gas Range Mileage

I just got the car for my wife last month and she is the primary driver of the car. So, she mentioned to me that the gas range when she fills up the car only goes to 225 miles. That didn't seem right to me. I read somewhere that the full tank range should be around 400 miles or more. She has the car running on eco mode so I'm at a loss as to why it only shows 225 miles at a fill up.

Any help?

Mario
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-21-2018, 10:37 AM

Don't be fooled by the range on the information center. Every time I fill up, mine shows 240 miles but I usual get 325 miles on a fill up. The best that I have gotten was 355 miles on a fill up on interstate and highway with the car in ECO mode.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-21-2018, 02:51 PM

Yeah I think Toyota needs to push an update through, to correct those false readings. The C-HR is capable of more range than what is actually being indicated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-21-2018, 06:27 PM Thread Starter

Ok, thanks for the info. Im just going to have my wife not pay attention to the information center.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-23-2018, 10:02 AM

I just go by the fuel tank gauge instead of mileage, fill up the car when the needle is around the last quarter tank.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-26-2018, 03:19 PM

I have had my car for 1 month now. I average 325 - 360 per fill up, depending on how much highway or city driving i do.

Chad V. Romano
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Retired IASCA/MECA/USACi Competitor

Kicker Competition Group (1995 - 2000)
Team Kicker (2001 - 2007)
Team Precision Power (Team Captain) (2007 - 2012
Team Hybrids (Florida State Coordinator) (2012 - 2014)
Team evilbass (Founder)
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-30-2018, 12:40 PM

Check my acar signature

2018 Toyota C-HR XLE Premium Magnetic Gray
Current: Blacksys CH200 Dashcam, Solargard UP Tint, LED Interior, OPT7 Color-Smart LED Strip Interior Footwell Lighting

Want: HID Headlight, LED Foglight, Android Auto HUD, Solar Sunshade

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-04-2018, 01:54 AM

Garage
I have a heavy foot.. Plus I only have access to the water down (10% ethanol) fuel we get here in Miami, FL.

2018 C-HR "RedFox" XLE Premium.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-04-2018, 03:36 AM

i am getting around 300-320 MPG and yes my range is completely off when i fill up the tank i get 245 mile range i reset the trip computer every time to really see how much i am getting most of my driving is in the city ..i find it odd that it is so off. i really hope Toyota somehow fixes this
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-04-2018, 05:08 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ochoa View Post
...i really hope Toyota somehow fixes this
This is in almost every car the same (my previous Japanese car, a 2016 Suzuki Vitara told me there was no mileage left, but the volume i could put in told me otherwise, every time!).
It calculates purely on theoretical values, so hill climbing, strong headwinds etc. are not regarded.
If you want to know exactly you need to do the math yourself when you fill it up again. Basically you're the only one that really knows how the mileage came together...

C-HR Hybrid Bi-Tone Hydro Blue / Night Sky Black Premium, full ventilated Nappa leather Exclusive design.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page