Fuel Rating? - Toyota C-HR Forum
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-03-2017, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

Fuel Rating?

Have not seen any numbers published for the 2.0L NA engine. Does anyone know the fuel numbers L/KM? Here's where a turbo would have been nice Toyota!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Toyota projects that the U.S. version of the C-HR will be rated by the EPA at 27 mpg city, 31 mpg highway, 29 mpg combined. That's not very impressive for the category, likely due to the C-HR's substantial 3,300-pound weight.
https://www.kbb.com/car-news/all-the...im/2100001481/

I think it's a perfectly fine rating to be honest. I do mostly highway driving so this should be good for me That being said, we still need to see real world logs to really get an idea.
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-05-2017, 11:45 AM

Mileage can change depending on how heavy footed you are on the throttle and what kind of driving you do. I'm more of a city driver, but 27mpg isn't too bad. There's always the hybrid option too.
CHRMontreal likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-06-2017, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

Good news on mileage is that GM and Chevy are putting a 1.6 turbo diesel in their Equinox & Terrain. This will put pressure on Toyota and others to bring Diesel to NA to compete. Finally common sense here. We have a large land mass in N/A. Having a fuel efficient family hauler is the way to go. Hmmm, a diesel minivan? Ok, I'll calm down now. Cheers
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-07-2017, 10:43 AM

Doubt it'll put any pressure on them to go the diesel route. They don't even plan on releasing a Tacoma diesel because they said it's going to be too difficult to be emission compliant and if there's any vehicle on their lineup that should get it, it would be the pickups first.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-17-2017, 11:27 AM
JDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iRobot View Post
Doubt it'll put any pressure on them to go the diesel route. They don't even plan on releasing a Tacoma diesel because they said it's going to be too difficult to be emission compliant and if there's any vehicle on their lineup that should get it, it would be the pickups first.
100% agree! Can't imagine Toyota put a diesel option for this little bug, without putting it in pickups first. They've been dropping diesel engines for CH-R few years in a row because of the sales statistics, I don't believe they will reincarnate this idea at an early date.
CHRMontreal likes this.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-17-2017, 01:02 PM

Real world numbers for a lead foot. .. I commute 30 minutes each way twice daily. It's pretty much 50% city, 50% interstate... I get 27mpg. Actual calculations based on gallons burned/mile...also,I'm almost always in sports mode and have a pretty heavy foot... This thing is just fun to drive!
TubeMan and Rowdy like this.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-18-2017, 01:00 PM

Garage
I keep mine on eco setting, not too heavy footed but no slow poke either, my commute is mostly highway and I'm averaging 36 mpg!!! my little coupe didn't even do that well I'm so impressed with mine...had it for a month and already logged 1700 miles
TubeMan, sho23 and CHRMontreal like this.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-19-2017, 10:49 AM

Had a good chuckle with how different the mileage is between two drastically different drivers even though the numbers are to be expects. One lead foot and the other in eco mode. Good range of numbers for people to look at.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-19-2017, 12:06 AM

Garage
my first test was next day i bought it, i travel from here Hollywood Florida to Bowling Green, Kentucky and i spent 84 Buck Gas and arrive there with the full tank, so i calculated that i really spent +- 60 Bucks, and the trip was 988 miles.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page