What to love or hate about the 2017+ Toyota C-HR? - Page 8 - Toyota C-HR Forum
 17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #71 of 74 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 10:32 AM

Thoughts after one week

New to this forum so I'll share my thoughts after one week:

• As others have said, the color blue is beautiful, although I notice once it dries and starts to get dirty it loses the "metallic shine" it has after a wash or when wet.
  • High seating position. This is probably the main reason I got the C-HR over my other choice, a Honda Civic Hatchback, and it's great!
  • Ride quality and handling, very smooth and fun to zip around town.
  • Acceleration, having no trouble so far getting up to speed or passing cars on the highway. I wonder if Toyota made some adjustments between the early versions and this one since so many reviewers complained about this.
  • Digital speedometer. All cars should have this. Comes in handy when going through a 15 MPH school zone.
  • Proximity key. Very surprised at how much I like this. Love walking up to the car and just grabbing the handle to unlock and open. And I like how the folding mirrors let you know its locked.
  • Auto brake hold. I live in an area with train crossings and bridge openings so this is a must-have feature. So nice to be at these areas and have my foot off the brake while I wait for a train or boat to go by. Also excellent when you hit a lot of red lights.
  • A/C is great, gets cold fast.
  • Overall fit and finish seems really good. Feels like a very stable, high quality car for a low price. A lot of value for what you pay.

Dislikes:
  • The car seat felt great on the test drive but now in daily driving I'm not in love with it. There is very little thigh support and the cloth feels too clingy, like I'm velcroed to the seat (hard to move around). My last car had leather seats which were much more comfortable and easier to move in so next time I'll probably go back to leather. Although a friend told me the cloth seats might start to feel better after a few months.
  • Steering wheel also seemed ok in test drive but now I find it too hard and thin. Wish it had the thicker leather wheel found on other cars. Maybe I can get a cover somewhere?
  • Another thing about the steering wheel, it's only a three spoke design. My last car had a four spoke design so I could rest my hand in the bottom center to steer in casual driving. I really miss that.
  • My left knee keeps hitting the hard side of the door under the window controls and this is annoying. I need to see if a changed seating position will solve this otherwise I may need to attach a soft pad there.
  • The sound quality of the radio is not great for some reason and the sound adjustments don't seem to help that much. Oddly enough the sound from my phone through an AUX cable sounds better. I have six speakers but the radio sound is flat, like I'm not getting true stereo. Maybe I need to break in the speakers?
  • As others have said the amount of storage is too small. No sunglass holder up top Toyota? That was a big oversight.
  • The transmission shifter knob bothers me a little. On my last car the switch was on the side of the knob so I could use my thumb to shift into drive, etc. but on the C-HR the switch is in the front of the knob so I need to use my fingers. For some reason this hurts my fingers.
  • Lack of a sunvisor extension is another poor oversight.
  • Oh, and lack of Android Auto is a BIG dislike. I could have waited a few weeks to get a 2020 model that has it but I got a big discount on a 2019 and I actually like the front end on that more than the 2020.

Jury is still out on the outward visibility. So far it hasn't been an issue, probably because I'm not one of those drivers who looks over their right shoulder when turning right or changing lanes. I've always used the mirror and the blind spot warning helps a lot.

I should say that so far all of my dislikes are not deal breakers and I really like the car. But if these things still bother me after a year or two I may get something else.

And my MPG after one week of mostly highway driving (including stop and go traffic jams) is right around 30 MPG.
meanmachine19 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 74 (permalink) Old 10-13-2019, 05:23 PM

base model or xle fl-guy? mind me asking what you paid?

to add to your thoughts on the stereo .i often wonder myself is this in stereo? does nobody add a stereo light no more that lights up when in stereo mode?

Last edited by joe doe; 10-13-2019 at 05:25 PM.
post #73 of 74 (permalink) Old 10-14-2019, 10:16 PM

I got an XLE for $22,800 OTD, which is about what TruCar predicted (actually their price didn't include taxes so I guess the actual price for the car was about $21,300).

I suppose if I waited a few more weeks when the 2020's arrived I could have saved more but I'd be taking a chance the 2019 blue color C-HR's would be gone.

Also, my car had some extras like paint sealant, phone cables and premium Toyota care.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #74 of 74 (permalink) Old 10-18-2019, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fl-chr-guy View Post
I got an XLE for $22,800 OTD, which is about what TruCar predicted (actually their price didn't include taxes so I guess the actual price for the car was about $21,300).

I suppose if I waited a few more weeks when the 2020's arrived I could have saved more but I'd be taking a chance the 2019 blue color C-HR's would be gone.

Also, my car had some extras like paint sealant, phone cables and premium Toyota care.
we paid 21,900 for our xle ,then got a 1500.00 dollar factory rebate .we were still upside down on our trade so add in about another 2100.00 to pay that off .

we got the blue as well ,and toyota care for 2 years or 25 thousand miles .bought extended warranty to cover us until 125 thousand miles or 5 years .

we drive alot ,small town here ,everythings a drive .we put about 20-25 thousand a year on our daily driver .
first toyota .traded in a 2014 kia rio hatch ,good little car but once it hit 100 thousand it started using oil .reason unknown we maintained it meticulously .

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page