AC isnt blowing any cold air at all - Toyota C-HR Forum
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 06:55 PM Thread Starter

Garage
AC isnt blowing any cold air at all

So my AC isnt blowing any cold air, so i went to the dealership and they told me a few more C-HR’s are having the same issue. Im from edmonton canada btw.. anybody else having this issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 11:18 PM

2018 C-HR..AC works fine. Bought the car last summer so it still works fine on its second summer.
Hope dealer can figure out the root cause. Keep us all posted
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 10:10 AM

Found this on the Autozone website. Might be helpful in narrowing it down:
https://www.autozone.com/landing/pag...uto-ac-problem

I hope this helps you.

Striker
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 04:01 AM

I had the same problem. Got my CHR at the end of winter and noticed just outside temperature blowing. I brought it into Toyota and they said the Freon needed refilling. They did it for free. They checked for leaks and didn't find any. They said perhaps it was never filled properly at factory.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 04:47 AM

Oh and Toyota refilled the Freon for free.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 09:49 AM
Super Moderator

Toyota should be picking up the tab for fixing the A/C. These cars are still very new and should still be under the factory warranty unless you're doing Cannonball runs multiple times in a year. Although, I overheard a conversation between a service writer and a customer that was picking up his Toyota pickup. I heard the guy was on target to hit 80,000 miles and his pickup is only a year old.

Anyways, the A/C system in my C-HR has been working great. Same performance to my past 06 Ford Focus ZX-3. A/C blows super cool. I have had to actually turn down the A/C. Not so with my BMW. Where I set the C-HR at 70, I have to set the BMW to 68 or 67 to get the same amount of cooling.

2019 Toyota C-HR LE Silver Knockout Metallic
2013 BMW 135i Carbon Black
2009 Ducati 848 Pearl White/Black
2004 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R Black
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-06-2019, 09:21 PM

Garage
Interesting. I would thought it may be the same issue as a RAV4 - but the C-HR is too new to have a bad AC flow sensor (it is located on the compressor, usually there is a problem code generated with it as well).

https://www.rav4world.com/threads/ho...for-40.299694/

2018 C-HR XLE Ruby Flare Pearl R-Code
2010 Rav4 (200k mi club)
2004 Sea-Doo GTX with custom fishing rig.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-28-2019, 07:43 PM Thread Starter

Garage
update: So they said something is wrong w/ the AC so they did order 2 parts, "AC PIPE and AC CONDENSER" and its been 2 months of wait now and still haven't heard from them. They told me most of the C-HR in my area are having the same issue.

Called my dealership regarding about the long wait and all they said was that the one that makes the part i guess from Toronto only release that one certain part every 2 weeks. I've been searching if there's anyone from the headquarters can speed up the process and still no luck.

And I found this site saying that few 2018 C-HR's are having the same issue:

https://www.toyoheadquarters.com/thr...ant-leak.1557/

will keep you guys posted on this journey "THE AC LESS 2018 C-HR"
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 06:57 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvsz View Post
update: So they said something is wrong w/ the AC so they did order 2 parts, "AC PIPE and AC CONDENSER" and its been 2 months of wait now and still haven't heard from them. They told me most of the C-HR in my area are having the same issue.

Called my dealership regarding about the long wait and all they said was that the one that makes the part i guess from Toronto only release that one certain part every 2 weeks. I've been searching if there's anyone from the headquarters can speed up the process and still no luck.

And I found this site saying that few 2018 C-HR's are having the same issue:

https://www.toyoheadquarters.com/thr...ant-leak.1557/

will keep you guys posted on this journey "THE AC LESS 2018 C-HR"
Two months waiting on those parts is totally unacceptable. I don't know how things work in Canada. But check your owner's manual or warranty book and see if there is a listing for some Toyota regional office for you to contact in the event of issues with your car. At the very minimum, the dealer should be looking at putting you into a loaner car after all this time has passed.

2019 Toyota C-HR LE Silver Knockout Metallic
2013 BMW 135i Carbon Black
2009 Ducati 848 Pearl White/Black
2004 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R Black
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-29-2019, 07:03 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Tbh id rather use my car than just leave it at the dealership. Thou i get ur point... i emailed the manager for parts and all he said that the deadline estimate will be tomorrow and he sent an inquiry to toyota canada regarding about the issue. Hopefully it would be fixed soon...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page