Loosing Power when pulling out onto a road - Toyota C-HR Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 08:39 AM Thread Starter

Loosing Power when pulling out onto a road

I have had my CHR less than a year. I have 6000 miles on it. When I pull out onto a sometimes busy road I loose power and my dash lights up. After a few seconds the car will go again. It is very scary. It has happened 5 times. I have had it to the dealer twice and they say can find nothing wrong with it. Yesterday it happened again. I took it to them and asked for a loaner and said for them to keep the car until they find the issue. It is frustrating because when they test drive it the problem never occurs. Does anyone have any ideas what the issue could be?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-08-2019, 06:28 AM

Im guessing what your feeling is the traction control kicking in which will cut power to the engine momentarily until traction is achieved again which is perfectly normal. The chr is already slow off the line so pair that with loss of traction then its def a scary situation. It had happened to me pulling out unto the street i just make sure i give enough room usually

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page