Steering Rack Noise - Toyota C-HR Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Steering Rack Noise

I seem to have this clicking clunking feeling when turning the steering wheel in either direction. It will happen when I become stationary and then go to move the steering wheel left or right. I can feel a clunk coming up through the steering column which feels like it may be the coming from the rack. Sometimes I can feel this when moving in traffic as well when I change the steering from a constant position that I have been driving in and start to move the steering wheel as I change direction. Anyone else have this?

PDR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-19-2019, 08:04 PM

Thanks for your post. Yes I noticed the exact same issue. Stationary but only happens if you turn the wheel to the right. I will be taking it in to Toyota on my 8k checkup. Keep us posted if you receive any additional information on this issue.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 12:04 PM

I have the same problem on my 2019 chr in Canada. Only clunks when you move it left or right when the vehicle is stationary. I have a friend with a 2011 corolla and it has the same issue. Might just be a toyota problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-18-2019, 01:01 PM

No issues with my 2018 C-HR in Canada. Had this noise on my 2011 Venza. Sold the car before digging into what caused it
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-11-2019, 11:45 PM

I have also heard the same on my 2019. Itís not even consistent so when I had a friend of mine drive it, he only heard it one time so it was hard for him to figure it out and he has been in the body repair for a long time
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 12:44 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Unfortunately I had it on both my 2018 XLE and 2019 Limited. I could not stand it. I did end up traded the 19 in after the dealer checked others on the lot and found most did the same thing and diagnosed it as normal.

PDR
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10-24-2019, 07:28 PM

I have a 2019 and I start hearing and feeling that noise like two weeks ago. I'll appreciate it if any fix this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page