USB Port greyed out/not working - Toyota C-HR Forum
 11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 12:19 PM Thread Starter

USB Port greyed out/not working

Hi everybody! Greetings from Portugal!
I'm a proud owner of a brand new Toyota C-HR 1.8 Hybrid Comfort. The car is just doing fine (it's only 1300km done) but I have a problem with the infotainment system, i mean, the USB Icon it's always greyed out and, after several experiences using lots of USB different sticks, it doesn't play music at all. I've already used FAT16 and FAT32 format as well as 8, 16, 32 and 64GB pens (2.0 and 3.0). Nothing works!
I've red a post on a Spanish C-HR forum and someone said that some C-HR's came from fabric with USB ports disconnected from Touch2 and Touch2 and Go modules.
Have you already heard something about this? Can you help with this? I have a disability so it will be great for me to solve this issue without going to Toyota workshop.
Thanks in advance, guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 04:45 PM

Ouch ... I'm sorry I can't be of help, but best of luck to you.
profbaltazar likes this.

2018 Toyota C-HR XLE Premium Magnetic Gray
Current: Blacksys CH200 Dashcam, Solargard UP Tint, LED Interior, OPT7 Color-Smart LED Strip Interior Footwell Lighting

Want: HID Headlight, LED Foglight, Android Auto HUD, Solar Sunshade

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by profbaltazar View Post
Hi everybody! Greetings from Portugal!
I'm a proud owner of a brand new Toyota C-HR 1.8 Hybrid Comfort. The car is just doing fine (it's only 1300km done) but I have a problem with the infotainment system, i mean, the USB Icon it's always greyed out and, after several experiences using lots of USB different sticks, it doesn't play music at all. I've already used FAT16 and FAT32 format as well as 8, 16, 32 and 64GB pens (2.0 and 3.0). Nothing works!
I've red a post on a Spanish C-HR forum and someone said that some C-HR's came from fabric with USB ports disconnected from Touch2 and Touch2 and Go modules.
Have you already heard something about this? Can you help with this? I have a disability so it will be great for me to solve this issue without going to Toyota workshop.
Thanks in advance, guys!
Hey prof! I'm no expert on the issue but... Only fat32 worked in my chr. Because most recent versions of windows won't natively format in fat32, I had to download a specialty program to accommodate (I can dig into the file name if you need it cause I don't remember off the top of my head). Also, what file format are the files that you want it to recognize? (mp3, flax, wavs?). If they are mp3's there may be a limit to the bit rate in which they are encoded (most of mine are 192 or 256kps variable). Flax and wavs I'm not too sure about. Also, if you plug in your phone, does it supply power? If not, I suspect that it is completely disconnected... Prolly not much help but I thought I'd try to offer up what I've experienced. It's important to note that mine is not touch because I have the NA model... Good luck! 🤞
profbaltazar likes this.

Last edited by DrZeus; 08-21-2018 at 07:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-22-2018, 07:14 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrZeus View Post
Hey prof! I'm no expert on the issue but... Only fat32 worked in my chr. Because most recent versions of windows won't natively format in fat32, I had to download a specialty program to accommodate (I can dig into the file name if you need it cause I don't remember off the top of my head). Also, what file format are the files that you want it to recognize? (mp3, flax, wavs?). If they are mp3's there may be a limit to the bit rate in which they are encoded (most of mine are 192 or 256kps variable). Flax and wavs I'm not too sure about. Also, if you plug in your phone, does it supply power? If not, I suspect that it is completely disconnected... Prolly not much help but I thought I'd try to offer up what I've experienced. It's important to note that mine is not touch because I have the NA model... Good luck! 🤞
Hey, DrZeus! Thank you very much for your answer. Actually, I've tried only mp3 flies and a lot of different bitrates , but nothing works at all. I've also tried to to plug my phone but the USB port doesn't supply any power. I would bet that it's disconnected... So, I guess I will have necessarily to find someone to help me to go to Toyota workshop (I've call them today and they said to me it will take a couple of days for me without transportation...). That's a shame that Toyota Portugal does not have a way to help people with disabilities with this kind of things.
Thanks anyway, DrZeus! I will tell you all what will happen next week (they've scheduled it for next monday, 27th)

P.S By the way, can you tell me what was the software you used for accommodate mp3 files to FAT32? I have a little hope in it...

JC
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by profbaltazar; 08-22-2018 at 07:18 AM.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-22-2018, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Hey, DrZeus! Thank you very much for your answer. Actually, I've tried only mp3 flies and a lot of different bitrates , but nothing works at all. I've also tried to to plug my phone but the USB port doesn't supply any power. I would bet that it's disconnected... So, I guess I will have necessarily to find someone to help me to go to Toyota workshop (I've call them today and they said to me it will take a couple of days for me without transportation...). That's a shame that Toyota Portugal does not have a way to help people with disabilities with this kind of things.
Thanks anyway, DrZeus! I will tell you all what will happen next week (they've scheduled it for next monday, 27th)

P.S By the way, can you tell me what was the software you used for accommodate mp3 files to FAT32? I have a little hope in it...
Would the toyota service department be able to pick you up? Normally they offer those service, albeit you'd have to wait for a bit.
profbaltazar likes this.

2018 Toyota C-HR XLE Premium Magnetic Gray
Current: Blacksys CH200 Dashcam, Solargard UP Tint, LED Interior, OPT7 Color-Smart LED Strip Interior Footwell Lighting

Want: HID Headlight, LED Foglight, Android Auto HUD, Solar Sunshade

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 05:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho23 View Post
Would the toyota service department be able to pick you up? Normally they offer those service, albeit you'd have to wait for a bit.
Ufiortunately, Toyota Portugal does not that service in this country. So, I guess I'll have to wait there for the service to be finished...

JC
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 10:26 AM

Garage
Quote:
P.S By the way, can you tell me what was the software you used for accommodate mp3 files to FAT32?
FAT32 is not a audio file, it's the way you format your usb drive.
profbaltazar likes this.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 10:28 AM

Garage
Quote:
I've also tried to to plug my phone but the USB port doesn't supply any power. I would bet that it's disconnected...
The center USB port doesn't charge your phone!
Only the one in the console will do this.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickBE View Post
FAT32 is not a audio file, it's the way you format your usb drive.
Thanks, PatrickBE! I know that, but my bad english is always betraying me ... I've formatted abou 537 different USB sticks but, even doing that, nothing happened, unfortunately

JC
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 08-23-2018, 10:58 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickBE View Post
The center USB port doesn't charge your phone!
Only the one in the console will do this.
Thanks again, PatrickBE! I did not know that... I supposed that USB port could be a charging port, too...

JC

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in