Windshield crack spontaneous ? - Toyota C-HR Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By sho23

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-07-2018, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

Windshield crack spontaneous ?

My cousin got her CHR premium on 5/28 /2017 from Smith Town Toyota long island NY .I was the one who suggested her this car we were among the first few buyers who trust Toyota for a new entry level car which was first time introduced in USA after a success in UK ( though the model there was hybrid and a 1.2 litter petrol built in Australia & the one for USA is 2.0 and built in Turkey ) any way she drove car now has 12475 miles on odometer. The car has some issues . driving with cvt is never a pleasure but this particular CHR behaves like Nissan's notorious cvt transmissions not the way Toyota's are famous for ...what bring me today here is .my cousin she called me a day before yesterday and said her car was sitting in her driveway and all of a sudden a carack on windshield on the passenger side has poped up from bottom and travelled west ..I told her she might got from a stone while driving .she said no I ve been driving my Murano since last 2 days ..just for curiosity I googled " my CHR windshield crack " I was amazed that I was stopped at CHR forum .UK .there are so many compliments about this issue with car there some customers have said the Toyota acknowledge this problem and dealers after a seven day waiting time fix their cars some one said he at the day of delivery told by dealer the car windshield has a car and has to be replaced .After reading all that I took my cousin's husband as she was at work in City and drove all the way to dealer .the same crew who were at their best of hospitality ( putting coffee and cookies in our mouths last year when we were buying the car now have different attitude a woman said u guys have to talk to the sale person .Cris took us to service department inside he whispered with the head of service which make me believe they know there is a manufacturing problem .but when the service manager eximne the crack he declare that it's because of a stone .he had no logic reason that the point where he believed the stone was hit was under the wiper and not a single scrach was appeared on wiper surface .He even refused to listen or check the CHRforum .UK compliments posted by real CHR owmners saying we in USA have higher standereds than Europe ( remember our CHR is built in Turkey ) and this CHR is built mutch better than the Australian one .when asked we have an extended warranty (paid $1845 extra ) he said no windshield and all rubber parts are not covered in extany warranty you better call ur insurance . I requested him just to give is a favor and when had some time at least have a look on Google so he should know what is going on in UK and italy with CHR customers regarding windshield crack problem and rumors are there is glue problem .so if after us some American owners comes with the same complain he and Toyota USA should consider it seriously like they do in Europe .we came back home .try to check the availability of windshield .only the dealer has CHR windshield on this planet Earth ...thanks for reading .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-27-2018, 08:58 AM

I have the same issue with the windshield. I went through my insurance but windshield is delayed.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-27-2018, 10:18 AM

Garage
It's a known issue with the CHR. Here in Europe it's covered by the Toyota warranty.
Had mine replace about a month ago, no questions asked.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-27-2018, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asif Niazi View Post
My cousin got her CHR premium on 5/28 /2017 from Smith Town Toyota long island NY .I was the one who suggested her this car we were among the first few buyers who trust Toyota for a new entry level car which was first time introduced in USA after a success in UK ( though the model there was hybrid and a 1.2 litter petrol built in Australia & the one for USA is 2.0 and built in Turkey ) any way she drove car now has 12475 miles on odometer. The car has some issues . driving with cvt is never a pleasure but this particular CHR behaves like Nissan's notorious cvt transmissions not the way Toyota's are famous for ...what bring me today here is .my cousin she called me a day before yesterday and said her car was sitting in her driveway and all of a sudden a carack on windshield on the passenger side has poped up from bottom and travelled west ..I told her she might got from a stone while driving .she said no I ve been driving my Murano since last 2 days ..just for curiosity I googled " my CHR windshield crack " I was amazed that I was stopped at CHR forum .UK .there are so many compliments about this issue with car there some customers have said the Toyota acknowledge this problem and dealers after a seven day waiting time fix their cars some one said he at the day of delivery told by dealer the car windshield has a car and has to be replaced .After reading all that I took my cousin's husband as she was at work in City and drove all the way to dealer .the same crew who were at their best of hospitality ( putting coffee and cookies in our mouths last year when we were buying the car now have different attitude a woman said u guys have to talk to the sale person .Cris took us to service department inside he whispered with the head of service which make me believe they know there is a manufacturing problem .but when the service manager eximne the crack he declare that it's because of a stone .he had no logic reason that the point where he believed the stone was hit was under the wiper and not a single scrach was appeared on wiper surface .He even refused to listen or check the CHRforum .UK compliments posted by real CHR owmners saying we in USA have higher standereds than Europe ( remember our CHR is built in Turkey ) and this CHR is built mutch better than the Australian one .when asked we have an extended warranty (paid $1845 extra ) he said no windshield and all rubber parts are not covered in extany warranty you better call ur insurance . I requested him just to give is a favor and when had some time at least have a look on Google so he should know what is going on in UK and italy with CHR customers regarding windshield crack problem and rumors are there is glue problem .so if after us some American owners comes with the same complain he and Toyota USA should consider it seriously like they do in Europe .we came back home .try to check the availability of windshield .only the dealer has CHR windshield on this planet Earth ...thanks for reading .
contact Toyota Custmer Service if enough people come forward with the same issue they might do something.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-02-2018, 01:27 PM

And please, separate the giant text blob into paragraphs. For us readers...
zbyra likes this.

2018 Toyota C-HR XLE Premium Magnetic Gray
Current: Blacksys CH200 Dashcam, Solargard UP Tint, LED Interior, OPT7 Color-Smart LED Strip Interior Footwell Lighting

Want: HID Headlight, LED Foglight, Android Auto HUD, Solar Sunshade

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page