Slight rpm hang on decel - Toyota C-HR Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By jadehawk

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-03-2018, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Slight rpm hang on decel

So when slowing down to a stop only on the brake at between 40kmph to 20 kmph the idle raises to 1100 , it doesnt drop until im stopped. Its odd , the rpm should just continue to drop to idle not raise. anyone else have similar situation.??

Certified machinist /fabricator.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-05-2018, 11:32 AM

What engine? On the 1.2T there is a switch to increase the rpm to shift gear smoother..

C-HR Hybrid --- JDM Style
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-07-2018, 12:38 AM Thread Starter

Garage
2.0 north american.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2018, 04:12 AM

Garage
Tested this on my way to work, and my car does the same. I accelerated to 40 MPH and let go of the gas pedal, I can see the car "slowly" decelerate and once it hits 20 MPH a slight bump to 1100-1200 rpm can be seen which to me makes sense once the transmission downshifts to the lowest gear.

I tried accelerating again to 40 MPH and switching the car to neutral, once I hit 20 MPH i didn't see no rpm bump.

I find it in this car that deceleration is much more slower (smoother) than any other "automatic transmission" car I have driven. and I think is due to the CVT transmission. Which attributes to this cars smooth feel while driving. you should not feel the gear changes as you accelerate..

2018 C-HR "RedFox" XLE Premium.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by jadehawk; 02-10-2018 at 04:16 AM.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-10-2018, 03:00 PM

Garage
If you put the CVT in B it will brake more on his engine when you lift the gas pedal.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-16-2018, 08:59 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Patrick we dont have hybrid. Just 2.0 gas motor.
Jadehawk , took it to toyota and its completely normal. Just a function of the motor and cvt .

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-17-2018, 12:01 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamturbo View Post
Jadehawk , took it to toyota and its completely normal. Just a function of the motor and cvt .
Figure as much.. learned a lot about the working of the CVT. Very interesting stuff (Those Engineers are geniuses).

Thanks for the update..

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-17-2018, 12:36 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamturbo View Post
I thought that the CVT would operate the same regardless the engine it came with.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-22-2018, 10:52 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickBE View Post
I thought that the CVT would operate the same regardless the engine it came with.
I think he was pointing at the fact that we non-hybrid do not have a "B" position.. Just a guess
Adamturbo likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page