Windows Streak After Washing - Toyota C-HR Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 06:26 PM Thread Starter

Windows Streak After Washing

Anyone have a problem with the windows leaving streaks after washing? I have used window cleaner, water and vinegar, plain water and used microfiber, plain towel and paper towels. Still have streaks. I have owned many cars over the years but this is the first one that gives me this problem. Are they making glass cheaper now?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 07:55 PM

sand paper?

2018 Toyota C-HR XLE Premium Magnetic Gray
Current: Blacksys CH200 Dashcam, Solargard UP Tint, LED Interior, OPT7 Color-Smart LED Strip Interior Footwell Lighting

Want: HID Headlight, LED Foglight, Android Auto HUD, Solar Sunshade

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-03-2018, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahfred66 View Post
Anyone have a problem with the windows leaving streaks after washing? I have used window cleaner, water and vinegar, plain water and used microfiber, plain towel and paper towels. Still have streaks. I have owned many cars over the years but this is the first one that gives me this problem. Are they making glass cheaper now?
Hey Utah Fred, are you referring to inside or outside? I seem to have a problem with, what I assume, are condensation drips/streaking on the interior of the windshield. I really have no problem with the outside besides the odd distortion or anomalies when looking thru the it from extreme angles.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-04-2018, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

The streaking is on the outside. I am wondering about the glass. Are they making it cheaper? My 2008 Nissan
Rogue that I traded in had glass that was so easy to clean with a paper towel and glass cleaner and looked
perfect with no streaking. I am wondering if any other CH-R owner has this problem.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-04-2018, 06:14 PM

Aha. Mine is okay. I just use one of those ammonia free cleaner spray and microfiber towel-ed it.

2018 Toyota C-HR XLE Premium Magnetic Gray
Current: Blacksys CH200 Dashcam, Solargard UP Tint, LED Interior, OPT7 Color-Smart LED Strip Interior Footwell Lighting

Want: HID Headlight, LED Foglight, Android Auto HUD, Solar Sunshade

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-05-2018, 03:05 AM
SiR

You might want to try cleaning the glass really good with steel wool, then with a good window cleaner, then coat it with something like Rain-X. That might just be a good long term solution towards easier maintenance and better viewing.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2018, 02:19 PM Thread Starter

Won't steel wool scratch the glass?
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-06-2018, 04:56 PM

0000 grade won't , and use it dry.
Also, be sure to get the "dust" off the vehicle. It's partially composed of tiny metal particles from the steel wool which will turn to rust when they get wet (such as overnight dew fall).
No, it won't rust out your car, it'll just cause little rust stains on the paint, plastic or wherever it is.
And yes, you can remove the particles by washing the car after you clean the glass. Just be sure to thoroughly wash/rinse it off.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page