New C-HR owner with USB port issues - Toyota C-HR Forum
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By DrZeus
  • 1 Post By robertlathan

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-10-2017, 03:55 PM Thread Starter

New C-HR owner with USB port issues

I have owned my C-HR about 2 weeks now and am still experiencing issues with my USB port. Anyone else having these issues or is it only me? I'm from Houston, Texas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-10-2017, 06:55 PM

Hey retiree11!
What kind of problems are you having? I have 10,000 tunes on my thumb drive and it is working fine. Firstly, make sure the drive is formatted in fat32 else the system will not recognize it.... I have found that no special folder organization is required, all of my songs are simply in the root of the drive...
SiR likes this.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-11-2017, 11:06 AM
SiR

What device have you tried connecting to your USB port? Thinking that might have something to do with it, if not at least its one thing we can minus from the potential causes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 11:45 AM Thread Starter

USB port issues

I am using a PNY16 gb jump drive alternate with an Ativa 8 gb jump drive. When the console appears to go black and reboot, is the indication that the jump drive isnt going to work.
I dont know what else to do!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 01:19 PM
SiR

Well with any new car you should go to the dealer, them and Toyota are obligated to fix it, after all you are under warranty for a good amount of years. Stop by the dealer when you have a chance and see what they have to say.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-07-2017, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiree11 View Post
I have owned my C-HR about 2 weeks now and am still experiencing issues with my USB port. Anyone else having these issues or is it only me? I'm from Houston, Texas
Hi - I am in the UK and also have a problem with USB playing music. On start up it works fine, but after 15 minutes to an hour stops playing. Says searching for USB. The only solution I have found is to stop and turn the engine off and then back on again after a few minutes. This resets all the electronics on a reboot and works most times.
I have just visited my Toyota Agent and they could not easily fix the problem however have logged the problem with Toyota UK, no one else has yet reported this problem.
I would suggest that you the car back to your Toyota Agent and tell them. Only when every one with a problem reports it will Toyota get a fix
SiR likes this.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-08-2017, 09:51 AM
SiR

Great advice, along with that make sure you have things in writing and a overall a track record of what they are doing about the issue. In the end that could save you a lot of trouble and hold them accountable. Lucky for us though Toyota dealers are often great with customer service.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 06:27 AM

Hello guys,

I have the same issue with the USB port on my C-HR. Most of the USB dongles have not been recognized by the car's USB port.

It doesn't work neither with older USB's nor than new ones. I've tried USB v1, 2 and 3 and it just doesn't work and even my old iTouch doesn't work.

When I went to my car dealer, they told me that only specific USB device manufacturers are compatible with Toyota's USB port.

This is so wrong... It is 21st century and a newly produced Japanese car doesn't recognize USB devices???

Please share if there is a workaround as the guys from Toyota, obviously won't provide a firmware upgrade.

Thanks in advance!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 06:36 AM

Hello guys,

I have the same issue with the USB port on my Toyota C-HR 2017. The issue is that the system doesn't recognize only a few types of USB devices, which is a total non-sense.

I have tried to use USB v.1, 2 and 3 and even my old iTouch doesn't work on it.

My local dealer managed to update my navigational system using USB dongle of their own and told me, that Toyota doesn't support all brands, which for Toyota in the 21st century is a bit odd.

Please provide me with an advice, how to overcome this nasty situation as Toyota most likely won't upgrade the USB.

Thanks in advance!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 02:06 PM

Best bet is to either try a different file format or drive. Aside from that you'll probably be waiting on a software patch from Toyota to increase compatibility of recognizable drives/file types.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page