New 2019 Silver LE owner. - Toyota C-HR Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-07-2019, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

New 2019 Silver LE owner.

Hi,

Been lurking for a couple of weeks now. Figured I would finally register and introduce myself. Got my 2019 Silver LE a couple of weeks ago. Been researching on various aspects of the C-HR on this forum and others. Learned quite a few things. There are many things I like and some things I don't like about the car.

The Entune 3.0 system from what I gather is much better than the system which was put into the 2018 cars. But the Entune 3.0 system leaves a lot to be desired. The overly aggressive in motion lockout is absolutely ridiculous. The fact there is no Android Auto is also a travesty. Having only one USB port and one 12V accessory outlet is also a bit of a mystery to me. The range till empty is ridiculous. I can't believe the Toyota engineers couldn't figure out how to calculate the range till empty is beyond me. LED or HID headlights should have been at least an option on these cars. And the engine which is in the 2019 Corolla Hatchback should have been put into this car.

On the plus side, the handling is pretty good. At least this aspect will make driving this car as a daily driver more of a joy as this car is replacing the 2013 BMW 135i as my new daily driver; allowing me to relegate the 135i as a weekend/fun car. There is a decent amount of features I was surprised that has been included in these cars and even more so with my base LE model. The sound quality of the sound system is pretty decent. While it doesn't compare to the upgraded stereo system I have in my 135i which has Focal speakers and subs along with a Audiotec Fischer Match PP82DSP with a specific DSP profile made for my car, the C-HR sound system is good enough were I don't desire to change anything except for the reasons I stated above.

I've already performed my first mod on the car and installed HIDs from Xenon Depot. Plan on doing some other minor upgrades such as a tow hitch, mud flaps, and installing the OEM fog lights.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 09:21 AM

Glad that you've finally joined up, welcome. There are reports that the next MY of the C-HR will be getting some much need technological improvements. Its been confirmed for Malaysia so we are assuming the same improvements will be made to NA/European models. Does the DTE not work at all or just wildly inaccurate?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-08-2019, 01:53 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Hi Shorty,

It sort of works as it does count down. But it's wildly inaccurate. To begin with, with a full tank of gas it reports DTE as about 256 miles. My last full tank of gas I achieved about 360 miles. I read on here someone stating why would something like this matter. Well it does matter. If it was even remotely close, I can plan on when I need to go fill up versus praying my guess is correct. My BMW's DTE has been pretty much spot on. And because this car is very new to me, I don't have a sense on how many miles I can expect on a full tank with the driving I do. Nor how many miles I have left based on the fuel level gauge. I will over time but right now it's just too hairy. I know with my 135i if I reach 1/4 tank, I have about 50 miles before I need to start hunting for a gas station. But I get a more accurate estimate with the trip computer.

Right now, the DTE readout is absolutely useless as it's not even close to what the predicted mileage should be.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-09-2019, 12:07 PM

Welcome @zx10guy and congrats on your C-HR. Completely agree that it makes no sense that the discrepancy is so large on this car. I hope this is just something software related that they can correct, because this technology has been around for more than a decade now and I've never seen it that off.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-12-2019, 08:36 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Thank you Tobias for the welcome.

I'm starting to find more and more quirks with the electronics which I'm not happy about. All centered around the Infotainment system. From what I gather, I should be happy I have the Entune 3.0 system versus what was put in on the 2018 models. But from what I can tell, having the previous system is better to leverage aftermarket options.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 05:26 AM

Welcome and congrats on your C-HR. Completely agree that it makes no sense that the discrepancy is so large on this car.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-16-2019, 02:10 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by marthawilliam View Post
Welcome and congrats on your C-HR. Completely agree that it makes no sense that the discrepancy is so large on this car.
Thanks. And if Toyota really thought through this platform correctly, it could have been so much more. Plus be head and shoulders above the competition.

2019 Toyota C-HR LE Silver Knockout Metallic
2013 BMW 135i Carbon Black
2009 Ducati 848 Pearl White/Black
2004 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-10R Black

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page