Los Angeles C-HR - Toyota C-HR Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 02:48 AM Thread Starter

Los Angeles C-HR

i purchased my C-HR in Feb it literally wasn't even planned stopped at the Toyota dealer and it was there i test drove it and all downhill from there plus i got the 0% for 72 months and they sold me the car for $22,000 XLE with no down and no payment for two months it was too good not to pass up i kind of which i would've gone with the premium model but all i really wanted was the fog lights which i just had them install on my car and the push start with keyless entry but i could justify paying $24,500 for those options. ive had it for a few months now unfotunetly someone tapped my bumper in the parking lot recently and left a small mark on the plastic bumper but other than that i love my car. i think my favorite thing is being the few people that have one around LA and its nice not to have different car and something that just doesn't really look like anything on the road. so far

ive tinted my windows 20% all-around for about $150.

i bought and had toyota install the fog lights came to around $380

i bought and installed the mudguard myself $70

i purchased LED headlights $50

i replaced all interior lighting with LED bulbs $25

and bought a few accessories from ebay and amazon that they sell like the inner lining for the center console, door sill guards, wind deflectors, and a few other things
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 08:23 AM

Welcome to the forum Jonathan, congrats on the CH-R. Glad to hear you got a good price from the dealership and that you're enjoying the car enough to drop some additional money into it. Really doesn't take long for someone else to come along and leave their mark on your brand new vehicle.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 11:18 AM

That first scratch always hurts the most, but then the following ones aren't as bad.
Are you going to try and get an aftermarket keyless entry system for your C-HR? You've already got the fog lights from the premium model, so I'd assume it's something you'd want to install as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-03-2018, 01:20 PM

Welcome --- 20% tint huh, taking some serious risk there with the cops.

2018 Toyota C-HR XLE Premium Magnetic Gray
Current: Blacksys CH200 Dashcam, Solargard UP Tint, LED Interior, OPT7 Color-Smart LED Strip Interior Footwell Lighting

Want: HID Headlight, LED Foglight, Android Auto HUD, Solar Sunshade

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-04-2018, 08:25 AM

Welcome to the forum, congrats on the CH-R. If the scratch is just on the plastic you may be able to eliminate it with a factory touch up pen. Push start is a nice feature, but I'm old school and still prefer using a key.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 04:20 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TubeMan View Post
That first scratch always hurts the most, but then the following ones aren't as bad.
Are you going to try and get an aftermarket keyless entry system for your C-HR? You've already got the fog lights from the premium model, so I'd assume it's something you'd want to install as well.

Probably not I'm only 30 years old but Im still a bit old school I like the small joy your get from turning the key to start the car seeing how it's becoming standard soon this will probably be my last car with key ignition.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 04:22 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyotaterry View Post
Welcome to the forum, congrats on the CH-R. If the scratch is just on the plastic you may be able to eliminate it with a factory touch up pen. Push start is a nice feature, but I'm old school and still prefer using a key.

Same here old school still feel weird pushing a button to start a car I like my key ignition.. as for the mark it is on the unpainted plastic part so there's not much I can do to fix it lucky it's really not that noticable unless you get up close... I'm over it things happen nothing u can do and not worth fixing it or making an insurance claim over a small blemish
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 04:25 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sho23 View Post
Welcome --- 20% tint huh, taking some serious risk there with the cops.
Haha I know I had a Lexus previously with same 20% all around I got pulled over once for my tint had to strip it and show it for the fix it ticket but went right ahead and tinted it again the next week...But honestly it's so common in LA I feel like that unless the cop is a dick most of them don't really care about tinted windows they have better things to stop you for than a fix it ticket. But I'll take the risk I don't mind
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 04:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
Welcome to the forum Jonathan, congrats on the CH-R. Glad to hear you got a good price from the dealership and that you're enjoying the car enough to drop some additional money into it. Really doesn't take long for someone else to come along and leave their mark on your brand new vehicle.

Yea I thought no I've added up how much I've putinmy car and it's about the $1,000 mark but I'd rather get the stuff now and enjoy it while I own the car then getting little by little down the road.... I only plan on keeping about 5-6 years but who knows maybe longer
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 08:31 AM

As this is only the first generation model, who knows what improvements Toyota will make in the coming years. Even if the bring the options in the U.S closer to what's being offered elsewhere, such as manual and AWD, I think we may see owners upgrading to the latest offerings.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota C-HR Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page